Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tea Anyone ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

Event TeaTimer
Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected a change to an Internet Explorer toolbar.

Definition TeaTimer
Spybot-S&D Resident watches for new or deleted Internet Explorer toolbars.

User interactions TeaTimer
Did you just try to install some Internet Explorer plugin? If it is not shown as a bad one, you should proceed. If this happens out of the blue sky while surfing the web, you should get cautious.

Posted Image

If you can make out anything from this I would find this very interesting !

I am also interested in what happens if I allow this change, as if it has to do with the fact that I did D/L a Language Bar
file, and if I accept this change maybe it will work, what is the status right now while this little SB box is waiting for me to click it.

Edited by Jove, 21 December 2007 - 07:25 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

TeaTimer noticed something trying to make a change to an Internet Explorer toolbar, and it's asking you, if this is something that you wanted to do.
It's doing it's job.

If it's something you want to install, then Allow it.

If you were just surfing the net, and you got this dialog, then I would be highly suspicious, and Deny it, because it's probably a malicious program trying to install itself.

Until you Allow, or Deny, the program in question, is sitting in limbo.

Edited by tg1911, 21 December 2007 - 07:47 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

Thanks, I'm glad to have someone who knows a little bit a spy bot.

I'm pretty new to it and so in this case, ok its in limbo good work spybot !

But what is it, I know thats a good question, . . I only wish that there was more information, when I was D/L files, it so happened before I received this message, I went to an internet site, that was part of the letter I received in a foreign language so I'm not really sure if it is from the site or refers to a working part of the newly D/L'ed program.

I am trying to get some information on the program, as I have e-mailed a party who has some discriptive inf. and instructions on the web, concerning the language bar, so I guess I'll have to wait on that.

Hey if you happen to have time, I am not getting e-mail notifications, I have it checked in my profile under e-mail modifications etc.
I have tried options at the top of the page etc. I am already subscribed, could my internet connection be blocking this, I don't think so ?

I think I must be missing something, could you give me any ideas ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users