Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 FRL

FRL

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

I have run all of the tools in the startup instructions. Of the three on-line products suggested, Bit Defender was the only one I could get to work on my computer. Ad-Aware found virtumonde and I think it was spybot that found Trogen.Agentbypass.E and also sniffs of vundo. BitDefender also found vundo. It seems to be more aware of this one than the others. I have run all of these over and over, sometimes in safe mode, and others in regular mode. In a number of cases the tools said they could fix part of the problem, but usually not all. Sometimes I have been able to use BCWipe on a reboot to get rid of what the anti-virus tools could not. This usually results in .dll load errors on re-start that I have been able to fix by disabling them in the registry (I think) with Autoruns or using msconfig. I'm no expert, so I am already scaring myself to death. Because I already have McAfee, which by the way has no clue, I have not run stinger. Is it any better than what I already pay for from McAfee? shouldn't be.

The last two times I ran Bit Defender it came up clean, but I can see in the startup log that some of what it complained about and said it couldn't fix is still there. For example, I still see uvjjiwel.dll in the startup log. Another item I have had problems with is mllji.dll, which keeps installing itself as a browser helper even after I disable it. It also comes up in autoruns listed as an LSA no matter how many times I try to disable it. It just keeps adding new entries as I uncheck the ones that are there (after I refresh). Another file I have had trouble with ispmnonmn.dll, but I think I tricked BCWipe into wiping it on startup. It seems this vundo thing replicates itself under a new name each time it runs, sometimes putting a .dll in system32, and sometimes in the user's temporary directory.

I have logged into an account that has files other user's can't see, only to get an error when logging into one of those other accounts, saying there is a .dll file that can't load from that user's temporary internet files. This 'error' goes away by itself, if you re-boot a couple of times.

I have clamped down my McaFee firewall and real-time virus protecton, and it keeps complaining that somthing is trying to mess with my zones. I could be doing nothing but reading a web page and this will just happen out of nowhere. I was using BCWipe to wipe temporary internet files in hopes of zapping whatever this thing keeps lying around, but I have stopped doing that lately. The thing always seems to keep just one step ahead of me.

I havn't seen the pop-ups lately trying to get me to buy bogus anti-virus software; however, if I don't disable the mllji.dll browser helper each time I boot before trying to use IE, I end up being redirected, and sometimes I end up with nothing on my screen except a frozen IE (all my icons and the system bar dissapear). Sometimes they just flash and it all comes back again.

Anyway, here is my HJT:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:01:50 PM, on 12/21/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://rhodeisland.cox.net/cci/home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://account.netzero.net/s/landing?group...amp;CDinstall=y
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {37D2CDBF-2AF4-44AA-8113-BD0D2DA3C2B8} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Corel Photo Downloader] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCWipeTM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McENUI] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fc0f49cf] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\yvhsrujx.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [McAfee QuickClean Imonitor] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe /START
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display All Images with Full Quality - res://C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\appres.dll/228
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display Image with Full Quality - res://C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\appres.dll/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1195312153250
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: dlcc_device - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component AutorunsDisabled: (no name) - (no file)

--
End of file - 10649 bytes

Here is my startup list from HJT:

StartupList report, 12/21/2007, 5:39:32 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

SoundMAXPnP = C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
SunJavaUpdateSched = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
DVDLauncher = "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
RealTray = C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
dla = C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
ISUSPM Startup = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
ISUSScheduler = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
DMXLauncher = C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
MimBoot = C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
DLCCCATS = rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
dlccmon.exe = "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
Corel Photo Downloader = C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe
BCWipeTM Startup = "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
igfxtray = C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
igfxhkcmd = C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
igfxpers = C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
McENUI = C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
Adobe Reader Speed Launcher = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mcagent_exe = C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
iTunesHelper = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
MMTray = "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
fc0f49cf = rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\yvhsrujx.dll",b

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

DellSupport = "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
MSMSGS = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
McAfee QuickClean Imonitor = C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe /START

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:

[AutorunsDisabled]
fc0f49cf = rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\uvjjiwel.dll",b

[OptionalComponents]
=

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
McDefragTask.job
McQcTask.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\legitcheckcontrol.dll
CODEBASE = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

[McAfee.com Operating System Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcinsctl.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab

[BDSCANONLINE Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8\oscan82.ocx
CODEBASE = http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab

[MUWebControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
CODEBASE = http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1195312153250

[{8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C}]
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...t/ultrashim.cab

[DwnldGroupMgr Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcgdmgr.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\system32\stobject.dll
WPDShServiceObj: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

End of report, 7,905 bytes
Report generated in 0.125 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

I have been playing with this for a while, using process explorer, Autoruns, and all the anti-virus sofware. By the way, I am running XP.

I really want to use HJT to disable the 04 HKLM for [dla] (not sure why, it just feels funny), and the one for [fc0f49cf], which is associated with the infamous yvhsrujx.dll that Bit Defender flagged once, but could not fix, and then never complained about again, but I only know enough about all this to be dangerous, so I am looking for expert help.

I hope you can help me. By the way, I hear you have a backlog. I am going on vacation and will be back on 12-30-07, so that is when I will check back with you.

Thanks again in advanced, I am really frustrated.

Oh, sorry for any spelling errors. I can write, but I can't spell. I didn't want to change my system from what I posted by installing iSpell.

Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

Hello FRL

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

Hi Sifu Mike,

You guys are really fast!

I am on holiday right now, so I will have to wait until I get back home to do as you instruct. I'm really excited about getting rid of this thing. I will be back home on the 31st. Thanks again for the quick response, and I will let you know how it goes when I get home.

#4 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

OK, I will leave this topic open. :thumbsup:
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

OK,

I have updated my Java and I have run vundofix. It found mllii.dll, ijll.lm.ini2, and iilm.ini in the Windows\system32 directory.

Here is the log file from vundofix.

VundoFix V6.7.7

Checking Java version...

Java version is 1.4.2.3
Old versions of java are exploitable and should be removed.

Scan started at 12:43:47 PM 1/2/2008

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini
C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini2
C:\windows\system32\mllji.dll

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini
C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini2
C:\windows\system32\ijllm.ini2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\windows\system32\mllji.dll
C:\windows\system32\mllji.dll Has been deleted!

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

It looks like it deleted the files OK.

Here is my HJT.

Scan saved at 1:06:58 PM, on 1/2/2008

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://rhodeisland.cox.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://my.netzero.net/s/sp?r=al&cf=sp&...amp;O=I&UT=
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - AutorunsDisabled - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0087FADA-320A-4068-83E1-BC4C98E437C8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllji.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAntiPhishingBHO - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: {ca0a7661-8a10-2f79-bff4-1427583bd916} - {619db385-7241-4ffb-97f2-01a81667a0ac} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {875A1348-7674-42aa-ADAC-B4F36A004A2D} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FF64059D-4D2A-4D6B-AA0F-2EE4A2FE3856} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Corel Photo Downloader] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCWipeTM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [McAfee QuickClean Imonitor] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe /START
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Router] C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QdrPack9] "C:\Program Files\QdrPack\QdrPack9.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1195312153250
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: AutorunsDisabled - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe

--
End of file - 11219 bytes

Here also is my startup list from HJK in case you need it.

StartupList report, 1/2/2008, 1:10:48 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
* Using default options
* Including empty and uninteresting sections
* Showing rarely important sections
==================================================

Running processes:

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
*No files*

Shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

Shell folders Common AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Alternate Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry value not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

SoundMAXPnP = C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
DVDLauncher = "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
RealTray = C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
dla = C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
ISUSPM Startup = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
ISUSScheduler = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
DMXLauncher = C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
MimBoot = C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
DLCCCATS = rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
dlccmon.exe = "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
Corel Photo Downloader = C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe
BCWipeTM Startup = "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
igfxtray = C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
igfxhkcmd = C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
igfxpers = C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
McENUI = C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe /hide
Adobe Reader Speed Launcher = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mcagent_exe = C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
iTunesHelper = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
MMTray = "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
SunJavaUpdateSched = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

McAfee QuickClean Imonitor = C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe /START
DellSupport = "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
Router = C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
QdrPack9 = "C:\Program Files\QdrPack\QdrPack9.exe"

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

[AutorunsDisabled]
fc0f49cf = rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\uvjjiwel.dll",b

[OptionalComponents]
=

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

*No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

File association entry for .EXE:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .COM:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .BAT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .PIF:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .SCR:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" /S

File association entry for .HTA:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

File association entry for .TXT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
(* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS] *
StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser.NT

[{4b218e3e-bc98-4770-93d3-2731b9329278}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection MarketplaceLinkInstall 896 %systemroot%\inf\ie.inf

[{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp11.inf,PerUserStub

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscories.dll,Install

[{8b15971b-5355-4c82-8c07-7e181ea07608}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\fxsocm.inf,Fax.Install.PerUser

Enumerating ICQ Agent Autostart apps:
HKCU\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\Agent\Apps

*Registry key not found*

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.exe: not hidden
.com: not hidden
.bat: not hidden
.hta: not hidden
.scr: not hidden
.shs: HIDDEN!
.shb: HIDDEN!
.vbs: not hidden
.vbe: not hidden
.wsh: not hidden
.scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
.url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.js: not hidden
.jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\WINDOWS
- .reg open command is normal (regedit.exe %1)
- Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
- Original filename OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE'
- File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check passed

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - (no file) - AutorunsDisabled
(no name) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllji.dll (file missing) - {0087FADA-320A-4068-83E1-BC4C98E437C8}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
McAntiPhishingBHO - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mcapbho.dll - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4}
(no name) - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}
(no name) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890}
{ca0a7661-8a10-2f79-bff4-1427583bd916} - (no file) - {619db385-7241-4ffb-97f2-01a81667a0ac}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
scriptproxy - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231}
(no name) - (no file) - {875A1348-7674-42aa-ADAC-B4F36A004A2D}
(no name) - (no file) - {FF64059D-4D2A-4D6B-AA0F-2EE4A2FE3856}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
McDefragTask.job
McQcTask.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\legitcheckcontrol.dll
CODEBASE = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

[McAfee.com Operating System Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcinsctl.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab

[BDSCANONLINE Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8\oscan82.ocx
CODEBASE = http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab

[MUWebControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
CODEBASE = http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1195312153250

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
CODEBASE = http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-...indows-i586.cab

[{8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C}]
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...t/ultrashim.cab

[DwnldGroupMgr Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcgdmgr.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,26/mcgdmgr.cab

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

[Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\npjpi160_03.dll

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
NameSpace #2: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
NameSpace #3: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #14: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #15: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

Ad-Aware 2007 Service: "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe" (autostart)
abp480n5: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ABP480N5.SYS (disabled)
Microsoft ACPI Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys (system)
adpu160m: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\adpu160m.sys (disabled)
Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller: system32\drivers\aec.sys (manual start)
AFD: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (system)
Intel AGP Bus Filter: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys (disabled)
Compaq AGP Bus Filter: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\agpCPQ.sys (disabled)
Aha154x: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aha154x.sys (disabled)
aic78u2: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aic78u2.sys (disabled)
aic78xx: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aic78xx.sys (disabled)
Alerter: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (disabled)
Application Layer Gateway Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\alg.exe (manual start)
AliIde: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aliide.sys (disabled)
ALI AGP Bus Filter: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys (disabled)
AMD AGP Bus Filter Driver: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\amdagp.sys (disabled)
amsint: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\amsint.sys (disabled)
AOL Connectivity Service: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe (autostart)
Apple Mobile Device: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe" (autostart)
Application Management: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
asc: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asc.sys (disabled)
asc3350p: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asc3350p.sys (disabled)
asc3550: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asc3550.sys (disabled)
ASP.NET State Service: %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe (manual start)
RAS Asynchronous Media Driver: system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys (manual start)
Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller: system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys (system)
ATM ARP Client Protocol: system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys (manual start)
Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Audio Stub Driver: system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys (manual start)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
cbidf: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cbidf2k.sys (disabled)
cd20xrnt: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cd20xrnt.sys (disabled)
CD-ROM Driver: system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (system)
Indexing Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\cisvc.exe (manual start)
ClipBook: %SystemRoot%\system32\clipsrv.exe (disabled)
CmdIde: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cmdide.sys (disabled)
COM+ System Application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235} (manual start)
Cpqarray: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cpqarray.sys (disabled)
Cryptographic Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
dac2w2k: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dac2w2k.sys (disabled)
dac960nt: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dac960nt.sys (disabled)
DCOM Server Process Launcher: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Disk Driver: system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (system)
dlcc_device: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe -service (manual start)
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\dmadmin.exe /com (manual start)
dmboot: System32\drivers\dmboot.sys (disabled)
dmio: System32\drivers\dmio.sys (disabled)
dmload: System32\drivers\dmload.sys (disabled)
Logical Disk Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel DLS Syntheiszer: system32\drivers\DMusic.sys (manual start)
DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
dpti2o: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dpti2o.sys (disabled)
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler: system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys (manual start)
drvmcdb: system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys (system)
drvnddm: system32\drivers\drvnddm.sys (autostart)
DSBrokerService: "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe" (manual start)
DSproct: \??\C:\Program Files\DellSupport\GTAction\triggers\DSproct.sys (manual start)
DellSupport UniDriver: system32\DRIVERS\dsunidrv.sys (autostart)
Intel® PRO Adapter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys (manual start)
Error Reporting Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
COM+ Event System: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Fast User Switching Compatibility: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Fax: %systemroot%\system32\fxssvc.exe (autostart)
Floppy Disk Controller Driver: system32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys (manual start)
Floppy Disk Driver: system32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys (manual start)
FltMgr: system32\DRIVERS\fltMgr.sys (system)
Volume Manager Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys (system)
GEAR CDRom Filter: SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys (manual start)
Generic Packet Classifier: system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys (manual start)
Help and Support: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Human Interface Device Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
Microsoft HID Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys (manual start)
hpn: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hpn.sys (disabled)
HSFHWBS2: system32\DRIVERS\HSFHWBS2.sys (manual start)
HSF_DP: system32\DRIVERS\HSF_DP.sys (manual start)
HTTP: System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys (manual start)
HTTP SSL: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter (manual start)
i2omp: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\i2omp.sys (disabled)
i8042 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Port Driver: system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys (system)
ialm: system32\DRIVERS\ialmnt5.sys (manual start)
CD-Burning Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys (system)
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service: C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (manual start)
ini910u: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ini910u.sys (disabled)
IntelIde: system32\DRIVERS\intelide.sys (system)
Intel Processor Driver: system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys (system)
IPv6 Windows Firewall Driver: system32\DRIVERS\Ip6Fw.sys (manual start)
IP Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys (manual start)
IP in IP Tunnel Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys (manual start)
IP Network Address Translator: system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys (manual start)
iPod Service: "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" (manual start)
IPSEC driver: system32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys (system)
IR Enumerator Service: system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys (manual start)
PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys (system)
Keyboard Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys (system)
Keyboard HID Driver: system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys (system)
Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer: system32\drivers\kmixer.sys (manual start)
Server: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Workstation: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
McAfee Services: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe (autostart)
McAfee Network Agent: "c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe" (autostart)
McAfee Scanner: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe (manual start)
McAfee Proxy Service: c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe (autostart)
McAfee Real-time Scanner: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe (autostart)
McAfee SystemGuards: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe (manual start)
mdmxsdk: system32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys (autostart)
Messenger: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys (manual start)
McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfebopk.sys (manual start)
McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys (system)
McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mferkdk.sys (manual start)
McAfee Inc.: system32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys (manual start)
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mnmsrvc.exe (manual start)
Unimodem Streaming Filter Device: system32\drivers\MODEMCSA.sys (manual start)
Mouse Class Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys (system)
Mouse HID Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys (manual start)
MPFP: System32\Drivers\Mpfp.sys (system)
McAfee Personal Firewall Service: "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe" (autostart)
mraid35x: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mraid35x.sys (disabled)
WebDav Client Redirector: system32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys (manual start)
MRXSMB: system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (system)
Distributed Transaction Coordinator: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (manual start)
Windows Installer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V (manual start)
McAfee SpamKiller Service: "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe" (autostart)
Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys (manual start)
Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver: system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys (manual start)
NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol: system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys (manual start)
NetBIOS Interface: system32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (system)
NetBios over Tcpip: system32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys (system)
Network DDE: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
Network DDE DSDM: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (disabled)
Net Logon: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Network Connections: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Intel NCS NetService: C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe (manual start)
Network Location Awareness (NLA): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
NT LM Security Support Provider: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Removable Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
nv: system32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys (manual start)
IPX Traffic Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (manual start)
IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver: system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (manual start)
Office Source Engine: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE" (manual start)
Parallel port driver: system32\DRIVERS\parport.sys (manual start)
PCI Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (system)
PCIIde: system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys (system)
perc2: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\perc2.sys (disabled)
perc2hib: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\perc2hib.sys (disabled)
Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
IPSEC Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
WAN Miniport (PPTP): system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (manual start)
Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
QoS Packet Scheduler: system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel Link Driver: system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (manual start)
PxHelp20: System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys (system)
ql1080: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ql1080.sys (disabled)
Ql10wnt: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ql10wnt.sys (disabled)
ql12160: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ql12160.sys (disabled)
ql1240: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ql1240.sys (disabled)
ql1280: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ql1280.sys (disabled)
Remote Access Auto Connection Driver: system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (system)
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WAN Miniport (L2TP): system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (manual start)
Remote Access Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Remote Access PPPOE Driver: system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel: system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (manual start)
Rdbss: system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (system)
RDPCDD: System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (system)
Terminal Server Device Redirector Driver: system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys (manual start)
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (manual start)
Digital CD Audio Playback Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (system)
Routing and Remote Access: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator: %SystemRoot%\system32\locator.exe (manual start)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
QoS RSVP: %SystemRoot%\system32\rsvp.exe (manual start)
Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
Smart Card: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Secdrv: system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (manual start)
Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
senfilt: system32\drivers\senfilt.sys (manual start)
System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Serenum Filter Driver: system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys (manual start)
Serial port driver: system32\DRIVERS\serial.sys (system)
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
SIS AGP Bus Filter: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sisagp.sys (disabled)
smwdm: system32\drivers\smwdm.sys (manual start)
sonypvd2: system32\DRIVERS\sonypvd2.sys (system)
Sparrow: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sparrow.sys (disabled)
Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter: system32\drivers\splitter.sys (manual start)
Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
System Restore Filter Driver: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (disabled)
System Restore Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Srv: system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (manual start)
sscdbhk5: system32\drivers\sscdbhk5.sys (system)
SSDP Discovery Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
ssrtln: system32\drivers\ssrtln.sys (system)
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (autostart)
Software Bus Driver: system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer: system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (manual start)
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{A445BD1E-49EE-4607-B370-5CCA447377C4} (manual start)
symc810: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\symc810.sys (disabled)
symc8xx: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\symc8xx.sys (disabled)
sym_hi: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sym_hi.sys (disabled)
sym_u3: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sym_u3.sys (disabled)
Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device: system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (manual start)
Performance Logs and Alerts: %SystemRoot%\system32\smlogsvc.exe (manual start)
Telephony: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
TCP/IP Protocol Driver: system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (system)
Terminal Device Driver: system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (system)
Terminal Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost -k DComLaunch (manual start)
tfsnboio: system32\dla\tfsnboio.sys (autostart)
tfsncofs: system32\dla\tfsncofs.sys (autostart)
tfsndrct: system32\dla\tfsndrct.sys (autostart)
tfsndres: system32\dla\tfsndres.sys (autostart)
tfsnifs: system32\dla\tfsnifs.sys (autostart)
tfsnopio: system32\dla\tfsnopio.sys (autostart)
tfsnpool: system32\dla\tfsnpool.sys (autostart)
tfsnudf: system32\dla\tfsnudf.sys (autostart)
tfsnudfa: system32\dla\tfsnudfa.sys (autostart)
Themes: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
TosIde: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\toside.sys (disabled)
Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
ultra: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ultra.sys (disabled)
Microcode Update Driver: system32\DRIVERS\update.sys (manual start)
Universal Plug and Play Device Host: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Uninterruptible Power Supply: %SystemRoot%\System32\ups.exe (manual start)
Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys (manual start)
Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys (manual start)
USB2 Enabled Hub: system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (manual start)
Microsoft USB PRINTER Class: system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys (manual start)
USB Scanner Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys (manual start)
USB Mass Storage Driver: system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (manual start)
Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver: system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys (manual start)
VgaSave: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys (system)
VIA AGP Bus Filter: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\viaagp.sys (disabled)
ViaIde: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\viaide.sys (disabled)
Volume Shadow Copy: %SystemRoot%\System32\vssvc.exe (manual start)
Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Remote Access IP ARP Driver: system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (manual start)
WAN Miniport (ATW): system32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys (manual start)
Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver: system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (manual start)
WebClient: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
winachsf: system32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys (manual start)
Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Portable Media Serial Number Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WMI Performance Adapter: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (manual start)
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe" (manual start)
WpdUsb: System32\Drivers\wpdusb.sys (manual start)
Windows Socket 2.0 Non-IFS Service Provider Support Environment: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ws2ifsl.sys (disabled)
Security Center: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Automatic Updates: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Platform Driver: system32\DRIVERS\WudfPf.sys (manual start)
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector: system32\DRIVERS\wudfrd.sys (manual start)
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup (manual start)
Wireless Zero Configuration: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Network Provisioning Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
*No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
PendingFileRenameOperations: *Registry value not found*

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\system32\stobject.dll
WPDShServiceObj: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

End of report, 40,643 bytes
Report generated in 0.281 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

Thank you again very much for you help on this. I hope to hear back from you soon.

#6 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hi FRL,

Here also is my startup list from HJK in case you need it.

Please DO NOT post any logs I do not ask for.

Let's run ComboFix.

Disable your McAfee antivirus as that will prevent ComboFix from working.
To disable McAfee:
Please navigate to the system tray on the bottom right hand corner and look for a sign.
right-click it -> chose "Exit."
a popup will warn that protection will now be disabled.
Click on "Yes" to disable the Antivirus guard.
You succesfully disabled the McAfee Guard.

You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

If you have used Combofix before, please delete the version you have and redownload it again, because Combofix is being updated everyday.

Disconnect from the Internet while running ComboFix.

Temporarily disable any anti-virus and anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan.
They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause unpredictable results.
 Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.

1. Download this file - combofix.exe to your Desktop.
Note:
It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop

2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you, C:\ComboFix.txt. Post the ComboFix  log and a fresh Hijackthis log in your next reply.
Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
Do NOT run ComboFix more than once.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
Do not run Combofix more than once.
In case you see a sed.cfexe error with the option to send a report or not, choose "don't send".
The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work.

Combofix should never take more that 20 minutes including the reboot if malware is detected.
If it does, open Task Manager then Processes tab (press ctrl, alt and del at the same time) and end any processes of findstr, find, sed or swreg, then combofix should continue.
If that happened we want to know, and also what process you had to end.

Posted Image

#7 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

Sorry about the extra info, and thanks for the quick reply.

I am running McAfee Security Center. It does not give me an option to exit when I right click the icon on the bottom right of the screen. With security center I have the following products installed: SecurityCenter v8.0, VirusScan v12.0, Personal Firewall v9.0, Anti-Spam v9.0, Privacy Service v10.0, EasyNetwork v2.0, and Data Backup v1.2. I can bring up a configuration dialog for "Computers and Files", which I think controls VirusScan. I can turn off Virus protection, Spyware protection, Systemguard, and Script Scanning from the dialog. Are these what I need to disable, or should I also disable features of my firewall? Options for the firewall are Phishing protection, Firewall protection, and Personal information protection.

#8 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

can turn off Virus protection, Spyware protection, Systemguard, and Script Scanning from the dialog. Are these what I need to disable, or should I also disable features of my firewall? Options for the firewall are Phishing protection, Firewall protection, and Personal information protection.

Turn off Virus protection, Spyware protection, Systemguard, and Script Scanning from the dialog.

Firewall is OK to leave on, as you will be disconnection from the internet while running ComboFix.

Posted Image

#9 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

OK, thanks.

I ran combofix as you instructed. It found some stuff and completed OK, including the reboot. McAfee (firewall) said combofix was trying to access the internet, so I allowed this, even though I was not connected to the internet. This caused no problems I could see. I want to thank you again for your help. You are a real life saver!

Here is the combofix log you requested:

ComboFix 08-01-04.1 - Thanh Hoa 2008-01-04 7:57:33.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.591 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor
C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Check Now.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Uninstall.lnk
C:\Program Files\ISM
C:\Program Files\ISM\ism.exe
C:\Program Files\ISM\Uninstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Router
C:\Program Files\Router\UnInstall.exe
C:\WINDOWS\b148.exe
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\aypfoset.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bxnysnlq.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\clssjmwm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\emtpmmyp.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ineWc01
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lewijjvu.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pljdepnh.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qlnsynxb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qupqebim.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tesofpya.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\whkeptey.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yetpekhw.ini

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-12-04 to 2008-01-04 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-01-04 07:56 . 2000-08-31 08:00 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2008-01-02 12:43 . 2008-01-02 12:43 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2008-01-02 12:39 . 2007-09-24 23:31 69,632 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
2007-12-21 17:37 . 2007-12-21 17:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-21 16:29 . 2007-12-21 16:29 <DIR> d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\UserData
2007-12-20 18:51 . 2007-12-21 17:30 414 ---hs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\xjurshvy.ini
2007-12-19 21:38 . 2007-12-21 16:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8
2007-12-19 16:34 . 2007-12-19 16:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-12-19 11:06 . 2007-12-19 11:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-12-19 11:06 . 2007-12-19 11:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2007-12-19 11:04 . 2007-12-19 11:04 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-12-18 00:08 . 2007-12-18 00:10 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee.com
2007-12-17 23:08 . 2007-12-17 23:09 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\MOVED - RLF
2007-12-12 18:33 . 2007-12-12 18:33 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-12-12 18:31 . 2007-12-12 18:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-12-12 18:30 . 2007-12-12 18:30 <DIR> d----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE
2007-12-12 18:29 . 2007-12-12 18:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2007-12-12 18:07 . 2007-12-12 18:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2007-12-12 18:00 . 2007-12-12 18:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Application Data\DivX
2007-12-12 17:57 . 2007-12-12 17:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2
2007-12-12 17:55 . 2007-12-12 17:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles
2007-12-12 17:55 . 2007-12-12 17:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UMDF
2007-12-11 17:34 . 2007-12-11 17:34 1,044,480 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\libdivx.dll
2007-12-11 17:34 . 2007-12-11 17:34 200,704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssldivx.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-01-04 12:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\McAfee
2008-01-04 02:45 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Dl_cats
2008-01-02 17:38 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-18 22:28 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Moneydance
2007-12-18 05:12 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2007-12-12 23:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iPod
2007-12-12 23:10 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\GMATPrep
2007-12-12 23:07 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-12-12 23:03 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\DivX
2007-11-20 21:39 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2007-11-18 17:00 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-11-12 17:48 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Application Data\U3
2007-10-25 15:26 53,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{0087FADA-320A-4068-83E1-BC4C98E437C8}]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllji.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"McAfee QuickClean Imonitor"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe" [2005-12-01 06:01 110592]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 10:09 460784]
"Router"="C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe" [ ]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SoundMAXPnP"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe" [2004-10-14 20:42 1404928]
"DVDLauncher"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [2005-02-23 17:19 53248]
"RealTray"="C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe" [2005-12-15 19:07 26112]
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 02:05 127035]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [2005-06-10 11:44 249856]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2005-06-10 11:44 81920]
"DMXLauncher"="C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe" [2005-01-27 02:02 86016]
"MimBoot"="C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe" [2005-09-08 20:20 8192]
"DLCCCATS"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll" [2005-06-07 07:38 69632]
"dlccmon.exe"="C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe" [2005-07-22 08:03 425984]
"Corel Photo Downloader"="C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe" [2005-08-31 12:06 106496]
"BCWipeTM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" [2005-07-04 01:24 311296]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-09-20 08:35 94208]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-09-20 08:32 77824]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-09-20 08:36 114688]
"McENUI"="C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe" [2007-07-22 20:29 1160480]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2007-10-10 19:51 39792]
"mcagent_exe"="C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [2007-08-03 22:33 582992]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-11-15 13:11 267048]
"MMTray"="C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2005-09-08 20:20 110592]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-11-14 23:43 286720]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11 132496]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2005-12-15 19:06:59]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2005-12-15 19:03:24]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\AutorunsDisabled]
pmnonmn.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

R0 sonypvl2;sonypvl2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvl2.sys [2003-06-18 04:21]
R1 sonypvf2;sonypvf2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvf2.sys [2003-07-01 17:23]
R1 sonypvt2;sonypvt2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvt2.sys [2003-07-01 17:12]
S1 sonypvd2;sonypvd2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sonypvd2.sys [2003-06-24 10:29]
S2 0117831199450875mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0117831199450875);C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\011783~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog []
S4 BCSWAP;BCSWAP;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\BCSWAP.sys [2004-11-15 05:15]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{cebc3484-a1df-11db-9c68-00038a000015}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\LaunchU3.exe -a

*Newly Created Service* - 0117831199450875MCINSTCLEANUP
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-01-03 16:57:03 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2007-09-15 05:19:22 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McDefragTask.job"
- c:\program files\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe'
"2007-06-22 02:05:16 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McQcTask.job"
- c:\program files\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-01-04 08:02:28
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-01-04 8:04:22 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-01-04 13:04:12
2007-12-31 22:02:43 --- E O F ---

And here is the HJT log you requested:

Scan saved at 8:18:02 AM, on 1/4/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://rhodeisland.cox.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://my.netzero.net/s/sp?r=al&cf=sp&...amp;O=I&UT=
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0087FADA-320A-4068-83E1-BC4C98E437C8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllji.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAntiPhishingBHO - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Router] C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: AutorunsDisabled - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0117831199450875) (0117831199450875mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\011783~1.EXE (file missing)

--
End of file - 10810 bytes

Thanks again. I will wait to delete combofix from my desktop until you tell me to in a future post. I have already deleted vundofix from my desktop.

Thanks again,

#10 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hi FRL,

Looks much better, but we still have some items to get rid of.

Click Start, then Run and type Notepad and click OK.
Open notepad - don't use any other text editor than notepad or the script will fail.
Copy/paste the text in the code box below into notepad:

File:: 
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xjurshvy.ini

Folder:: 
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\Program Files\Router

Registry:: 
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{0087FADA-320A-4068-83E1-BC4C98E437C8}]
"Router"=- 
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\AutorunsDisabled]

Name the Notepad file CFScript.txt and Save it to your desktop.

Then drag the CFScript into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

Posted Image

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log.

Posted Image

#11 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

Fantastic!

Ok, so I disabled my McAfee again and disconnected from the internet (previous instructions for Combofix) and then ran Combofix according to your latest instructions by droping the .txt file on top of it. Here is the log you requested. By the way, Combofix did not have to reboot my system this time.

ComboFix 08-01-04.1 - Thanh Hoa 2008-01-04 22:03:25.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.639 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\VundoFix Backups\addmorefiles.txt
C:\VundoFix Backups\ijllm.ini.bad
C:\VundoFix Backups\ijllm.ini2.bad
C:\VundoFix Backups\mllji.dll.bad

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-12-05 to 2008-01-05 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-01-04 07:56 . 2000-08-31 08:00 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2008-01-02 12:39 . 2007-09-24 23:31 69,632 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
2007-12-21 17:37 . 2007-12-21 17:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-21 16:29 . 2007-12-21 16:29 <DIR> d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\UserData
2007-12-19 21:38 . 2007-12-21 16:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\BDOSCAN8
2007-12-19 16:34 . 2007-12-19 16:40 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-12-19 11:06 . 2007-12-19 11:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-12-19 11:06 . 2007-12-19 11:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2007-12-19 11:04 . 2007-12-19 11:04 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-12-18 00:08 . 2007-12-18 00:10 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee.com
2007-12-17 23:08 . 2007-12-17 23:09 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\MOVED - RLF
2007-12-12 18:33 . 2007-12-12 18:33 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-12-12 18:31 . 2007-12-12 18:32 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-12-12 18:30 . 2007-12-12 18:30 <DIR> d----c--- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE
2007-12-12 18:29 . 2007-12-12 18:29 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2007-12-12 18:07 . 2007-12-12 18:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2007-12-12 18:00 . 2007-12-12 18:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Application Data\DivX
2007-12-12 17:57 . 2007-12-12 17:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect 2
2007-12-12 17:55 . 2007-12-12 17:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles
2007-12-12 17:55 . 2007-12-12 17:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UMDF
2007-12-11 17:34 . 2007-12-11 17:34 1,044,480 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\libdivx.dll
2007-12-11 17:34 . 2007-12-11 17:34 200,704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssldivx.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-01-05 02:51 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Dl_cats
2008-01-04 12:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\McAfee
2008-01-02 17:38 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-18 22:28 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Moneydance
2007-12-18 05:12 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
2007-12-12 23:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iPod
2007-12-12 23:10 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\GMATPrep
2007-12-12 23:07 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-12-12 23:03 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\DivX
2007-12-08 22:28 4,184 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys
2007-11-20 21:39 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee
2007-11-18 17:00 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2007-11-14 07:26 450,560 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\jscript.dll
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-11-12 17:48 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Thanh Hoa\Application Data\U3
2007-10-30 09:55 3,065,856 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtml.dll
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\quartz.dll
2007-10-27 22:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmasf.dll
2007-10-27 22:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wmasf.dll
2007-10-26 03:34 8,460,288 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shell32.dll
2007-10-25 15:26 53,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
2007-10-20 00:56 524,288 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivXsm.exe
2007-10-20 00:56 3,596,288 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\qt-dx331.dll
2007-10-20 00:56 129,784 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\pxafs.dll
2007-10-20 00:56 120,056 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\pxcpyi64.exe
2007-10-20 00:56 118,520 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\pxinsi64.exe
2007-10-20 00:54 823,296 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx0c.dll
2007-10-20 00:54 823,296 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx07.dll
2007-10-20 00:54 81,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpl100.dll
2007-10-20 00:54 802,816 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\divx_xx11.dll
2007-10-20 00:54 739,840 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivX.dll
2007-10-20 00:54 196,608 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dtu100.dll
2007-10-18 09:06 156,992 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivXCodecVersionChecker.exe
2007-10-18 09:03 593,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpuGUI11.dll
2007-10-18 09:03 57,344 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpv11.dll
2007-10-18 09:03 53,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpuGUI10.dll
2007-10-18 09:03 344,064 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpus11.dll
2007-10-18 09:03 294,912 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpu11.dll
2007-10-18 09:03 294,912 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dpu10.dll
2007-10-18 09:02 12,288 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\DivXWMPExtType.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 96,256 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\inseng.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 666,112 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 617,984 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\urlmon.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 55,808 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\extmgr.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 532,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mstime.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 474,112 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shlwapi.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 449,024 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtmled.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 39,424 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\pngfilt.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 357,888 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtmsft.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 251,904 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 205,824 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtrans.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 16,384 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\jsproxy.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 151,040 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdfview.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 146,432 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msrating.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 1,498,112 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shdocvw.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 1,054,208 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\danim.dll
2007-10-11 05:57 1,024,000 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\browseui.dll
2007-10-10 10:48 18,432 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iedw.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2008-01-04_ 8.03.53.45 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2008-01-04 12:47:03 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\index.dat
+ 2008-01-05 02:31:22 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\index.dat
- 2008-01-04 12:47:03 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat
+ 2008-01-05 02:31:22 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat
- 2008-01-04 12:47:03 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
+ 2008-01-05 02:31:22 32,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

"McAfee QuickClean Imonitor"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee QuickClean\Plguni.exe" [2005-12-01 06:01 110592]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 10:09 460784]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SoundMAXPnP"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe" [2004-10-14 20:42 1404928]
"DVDLauncher"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [2005-02-23 17:19 53248]
"RealTray"="C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe" [2005-12-15 19:07 26112]
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-12-06 02:05 127035]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [2005-06-10 11:44 249856]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2005-06-10 11:44 81920]
"DMXLauncher"="C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe" [2005-01-27 02:02 86016]
"MimBoot"="C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe" [2005-09-08 20:20 8192]
"DLCCCATS"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll" [2005-06-07 07:38 69632]
"dlccmon.exe"="C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe" [2005-07-22 08:03 425984]
"Corel Photo Downloader"="C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Photo Album 6\MediaDetect.exe" [2005-08-31 12:06 106496]
"BCWipeTM Startup"="C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" [2005-07-04 01:24 311296]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-09-20 08:35 94208]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-09-20 08:32 77824]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-09-20 08:36 114688]
"McENUI"="C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MHN\McENUI.exe" [2007-07-22 20:29 1160480]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2007-10-10 19:51 39792]
"mcagent_exe"="C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [2007-08-03 22:33 582992]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-11-15 13:11 267048]
"MMTray"="C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" [2005-09-08 20:20 110592]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2007-11-14 23:43 286720]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11 132496]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2005-12-15 19:06:59]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2005-12-15 19:03:24]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

R0 sonypvl2;sonypvl2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvl2.sys [2003-06-18 04:21]
R1 sonypvf2;sonypvf2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvf2.sys [2003-07-01 17:23]
R1 sonypvt2;sonypvt2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvt2.sys [2003-07-01 17:12]
S1 sonypvd2;sonypvd2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sonypvd2.sys [2003-06-24 10:29]
S2 0117831199450875mcinstcleanup;McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0117831199450875);C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\011783~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog []
S4 BCSWAP;BCSWAP;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\BCSWAP.sys [2004-11-15 05:15]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{cebc3484-a1df-11db-9c68-00038a000015}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\LaunchU3.exe -a

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-01-03 16:57:03 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
"2007-09-15 05:19:22 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McDefragTask.job"
- c:\program files\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe'
"2007-06-22 02:05:16 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McQcTask.job"
- c:\program files\mcafee\mqc\QcConsol.exe

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-01-04 22:05:26
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-01-04 22:06:10
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-01-05 03:05:55
ComboFix2.txt 2008-01-04 13:04:22
2007-12-31 22:02:43 --- E O F ---

Here is the HJT log as you requested as well.

Scan saved at 10:12:09 PM, on 1/4/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0117831199450875) (0117831199450875mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\011783~1.EXE (file missing)

--
End of file - 10584 bytes

I hope it is clean. Thank you again. I will wait for your new instructions.

#12 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Hi FRL,

Looks much better, as all the malware is gone. :thumbsup: Now we have only some minor clean up to do.

Download CCleaner and install it. (default location is best). Do not run it yet!

CCleaner Tutorial

Select the following with HijackThis.
With all windows (including this one!) closed (close browser/explorer windows), please select "fix checked"

*NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups.

Let's empty the temp files:

Run CCleaner.

CAUTION: Please do NOT use the Issues or Registry button. This is a built-in registry cleaner. If you don't know how to use it, you may cause irreparable damage to your system.

1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation.
IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark when provided with the option OR download the toolbarfree Basic version instead of the Standard Build.

2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"

3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.

In the Windows Tab:
Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Autocomplete Forum History.
Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
Clean all entries in the "System" section except for Start Menu Shortcuts and Desktop Shortcuts.
Clean any others that you choose.

In the Applications Tab:
Clean all including cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
Clean any others that you choose.

4. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. Click "exit" when done.

If it asks you to reboot at the end, click NO.

CCleaner should be run with the above settings for each User Account!

Reboot your computer, post a new Hijackthis log, and tell me how your computer is running.

Posted Image

#13 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

Hi SifuMike,

I executed the HJT instructions you sent and also ran CCleaner in all accounts. There were a number of applications not listed in your post like office, yahoo toolbar, and adobe that I left unchecked. Hope that is OK.

I also have home edition, and I couldn't figure out how to log into the administrator account to run CCleaner. I have only been able to find a login icon for this in safe mode. In normal mode it is not one of the options presented. Is it OK that I did not run CCleaner on this account?

All of the malware symptoms seem to be long gone. I do have two problems, though.

1) When I log into my son's account I get a an error box titled, RUNDLL, that says "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\whkeptey.dll The specified module could not be found". He runs stuff like AIM and myspace that none of the rest of us are interested in. I can't guess what is trying to run this .dll, but it might be related to that. I don't know when this started, as I never logged into his account before, except to run CCleaner.

2) I have set up McAfee QuickClean to clean web trails when I close my web browser (IE). When I close the browser it asks me if I want to clean the web trails. If I say yes it gives me a caution box titled, McAfeeCentral, that says "Cannot load 'Central.dll'." I know I had this problem before you met me, but I am wondering if you have any ideas...

It looks like we are getting close to the end, so I wanted to be sure to ask you how to uninstall Combofix, as it appears to be powerful (and in the wrong hands dangerous) enough that I would not want to leave it lying around where someone might find it and try executing it just to see what it does.

Anyway, here is my HJT.

Scan saved at 1:06:42 AM, on 1/5/2008

Running processes:

--
End of file - 10419 bytes

Thanks. I'll check back tomorrow to see if everything looks good.

#14 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:21 PM

Hi FRL,

executed the HJT instructions you sent and also ran CCleaner in all accounts. There were a number of applications not listed in your post like office, yahoo toolbar, and adobe that I left unchecked. Hope that is OK

Yes, that is OK.

I also have home edition, and I couldn't figure out how to log into the administrator account to run CCleaner. I have only been able to find a login icon for this in safe mode. In normal mode it is not one of the options presented. Is it OK that I did not run CCleaner on this account?

Yes, thats is OK.

1) When I log into my son's account I get a an error box titled, RUNDLL, that says "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\whkeptey.dll The specified module could not be found". He runs stuff like AIM and myspace that none of the rest of us are interested in. I can't guess what is trying to run this .dll, but it might be related to that. I don't know when this started, as I never logged into his account before, except to run CCleaner.

You will have to post a seperate Hijackthis log for sons account, so I can see what the problem is. Each user requires a seperate Hijackthis log.

2) I have set up McAfee QuickClean to clean web trails when I close my web browser (IE). When I close the browser it asks me if I want to clean the web trails. If I say yes it gives me a caution box titled, McAfeeCentral, that says "Cannot load 'Central.dll'." I know I had this problem before you met me, but I am wondering if you have any ideas...

Spund like you are missing a file. Try uninstall and reloading McAfee and see if that solves it.

It looks like we are getting close to the end, so I wanted to be sure to ask you how to uninstall Combofix, as it appears to be powerful (and in the wrong hands dangerous) enough that I would not want to leave it lying around where someone might find it and try executing it just to see what it does.

Your log looks clean! :thumbsup: Good job on the cleanup!

Uninstall ComboFix, go to to Start > Run & type in ComboFix /u
Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /
Then hit enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.

Please read and follow How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!
as well as
How to prevent Malware' by miekiemoes

If you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.

Edited by SifuMike, 05 January 2008 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#15 FRL

FRL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Great! Thanks a lot!

I removed ComboFix like you said.

Here is a log from my son's account, the one that has a RUNDLL error complaining about not finding whkeptey.dll. I had a little trouble, because his is a restricted account that can not write to where HJT is installed. Anyway, here is the HJT log from my son's account.

Scan saved at 5:28:38 PM, on 1/5/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {37D2CDBF-2AF4-44AA-8113-BD0D2DA3C2B8} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NetZero_uoltray] C:\Program Files\NetZero\exec.exe regrun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DDC] C:\DOCUME~1\MINHHU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\veoiwbhp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [fc0f49cf] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\whkeptey.dll",b
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display All Images with Full Quality - res://C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\appres.dll/228
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display Image with Full Quality - res://C:\Program Files\NetZero\qsacc\appres.dll/227

--
End of file - 10345 bytes

I notice from the above that the .dll from the error message is as copied below (2nd line):

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DDC] C:\DOCUME~1\MINHHU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\veoiwbhp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [fc0f49cf] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\whkeptey.dll",b

The 04 above that seems suspisious as well?

By the way, I have one more account on the machine. Do you need to see its HJT to make sure it is clean also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users