Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Youtube

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MA329

MA329

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

Some videos on YouTube, just won't start loading. While others will load perfectly.

Flash is updated, and javascript is on. Its the same thing for 5 computers, wired or wireless.

One thing I have noticed is that if its connecting to *.youtube.com it loads fine, it its an IP address or *.googlevideo.com.

My ISP has confirmed that don't block/restrict it, and said they should load fine. I have tried a new router, and same thing. It doesn't matter what I do they just won't load....

RAM: 1GB
HD: 70GB

INTERNET SPEED: 2MB/S (constant 1MB+) / 512kb/s (constant 300KB+)

One of the 3 computers I've tried is Ubuntu Linux, and it has the same problem.

Help please???

PS: I looked on youtube for a support email address and couldn't find any......

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

The problem is probably with Youtube itself. They have had issues with video quality and not being robust enough since the day they opened. The site has improved a lot and they have announced plans to improve the video quality in the spring. Your problem happens to everyone. I went to Youtube to watch a video on Wed. It was very slow loading and the video was freezing. So I went back yesterday to watch the same video and it was fine. Try another viral video site like Daily Motion or My Space TV and see what kind of results you get.

http://www.dailymotion.com/

http://www.myspacetv.com/

#3 MA329

MA329
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

Alright, thanks. Good to know its not just me(or my ISP).

I'll check the other sites, thanks for links :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users