Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor/video Card Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Numb_101

Numb_101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone. My PC froze up while I was playing a game. I had to manually restart the PC and when it was finished booting up, the monitor would then shut off and give me a message saying "No Signal." I had this problem before so I just restarted my PC and then I got the Safe Mode menu, but most of the letters on the menu were mixed up and scrambled. Safe mode would be "Iafe Mole" for example. I can login in safe mode but System Restore has done nothing and I cannot get my PC to run with regular settings as the monitor keeps shutting off. I cleaned out some dust from the PC as well. I have read it may have something to do with the video card, but I'm still a bit lost. Any idea/suggestions on what the problem is or how to fix it? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

Could be bad video memory
What type of system is this? Make model etc
You might want to open the case (powered off & unplugged of course) . See if the video card is integrated. If it is not take the card out and reseat it. Maybe it is just loose.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Numb_101

Numb_101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3700+
2.20 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Video card
n6600 256mb

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to reseat the video card.

Edit: Loose video card doesn't seem to be the problem. Reseated it and it sits firmly and the monitor still shuts down after the Windows loading screen and the jumbled safe mode menu still appears on the restart after this occurs.

I'm really terrible with computers so please forgive me for any silly questions/responses I give. :thumbsup:

Edited by Numb_101, 21 December 2007 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users