Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justice501

justice501

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:26 AM

:angry:I was creating a post on another topic and I must have hit something and the post dissappear and it did not post to the message area. I have some how done this before. If my modem line shuts down it will knock out the post. Is there a way to retreive a post are save it before I am done with it if something like this crops up. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

I use Fass, to compose my posts, then it's just a matter of Copy/Paste.

The version linked to, is the last stable version release.
Personally, I prefer Fass 0.9 Beta, as it has additional features that I prefer, and works a little different, which I prefer.
I've been using it for over a year, with no problems.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

Sorry, there is no provision here to save a post draft.

For other than a very short reply, I also use FASS or Notepad2 for responses.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

I keep it simple. For posting anything other than a short reply, I just select all and copy periodically so that I can paste it in another editor if need be. I rarely need to. If I know I'll be making a really long post, then I'll compose it in a freestanding editor first.

#5 justice501

justice501
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been just feeling my way around. I never had to post in all the years I been on a computer but more & more things have gotten so crazy I have to seek out some help how to solve these problems. I follow the instructions and that should soft the problem. Merry Christmas to all of you. :thumbsup:

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

You're welcome, justice501.
Merry Christmas to you, as well.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users