Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying web pages to paste into MS Word XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 itineran

itineran

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hi Windows XP users,

I try to copy a web page, and then paste it into MS Word XP, but the MS Word screen just hangs and never pastes.

I used to be able to do this with Windows Me and MS Word XP, but there is something different about the Windows XP operating system.

I tried a 'bandaid' solution by first pasting the selected text from a web site into MS Notepad, and then copying from there into MS Word XP - and this works. This leaves me to suspect that this problem has to do with the formatting feature of MS Word XP. MS Notepad doesn't use the formatting markers at the end of each sentence, as MS Word XP does.

Does anyone else experience this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dalcb22

dalcb22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

Are you using the "Print Screen" Key?

To copy the window or screen contents
To make a copy of the active window, press ALT+PRINT SCREEN.
To copy the entire screen as it appears on your monitor, press PRINT SCREEN.
Note

To paste the image into a document, click the Edit menu in the document window, and then click Paste.

Make sure MS word is open first, make sure "paste" is darkened in drop down menu.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users