Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activex problem only on one user profile

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lanra

lanra

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

"Internet Explorer Error"
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

This happens when a specific user logs in. This user has administrative rights. And this happens when he tries to open any of windows folders or applets (My Computer, Recycle Bin, Control Panel and the likes) not while on the web or while using IE, also it does not happens if same user logs in safe mode. Example if I double click my computer I will get above message and a blank page, the status bar will say 6 objects and nothing is displayed. I can run or start third patty software from the desktops shortcuts or programs under start. If I try to use windows explorer I get same message but I'm able to expand folder on left pane but not actually view the contents on the right. Same message for Recycle and Control Panel similar display the contents on the left with a up and down bar on the right.

This only happens on one of four users that login to this computer.
All four users have administrative rights.

Thanks for your responce in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

Hello lanra. Sounds like an ActiveX problem. You can try having that particular user go to the Internet Explorer options and reset them to the defaults. In IE click Tools then Options. On the Advanced tab click the Restore Defaults button. Reboot the machine and try it.

If that doesn't work you might want to post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis forum.

Cheers.

OT :thumbsup:
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users