Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktime Is At War With Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 briandinday

briandinday

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Hi. This is my first post. I had Windows Media Player 9, which worked fine. Two days ago, for unknown reasons, it stopped playing .mpg videos. I am using Windows XP, SP2 with Firefox 2.0.0.11. Instead the computer kept using Quicktime, with it's tiny, inferior windows. I reconfigured WMP 9 to ensure it was default for .mpg. No difference. Could not find any way to change defaults on QT (which is more like a virus to my thinking), so I just uninstalled, thinking foolishly it would force the computer to use WMP. No dice. I just get a message that the computer can't find Quicktime and to reinstall it.

So I upgraded WMP to version 11, and the install went fine. So what do you think? Same bleep. Won't play .mpgs. What the HELL is going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

brian

Edited by briandinday, 20 December 2007 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Krazy_Kanuck

Krazy_Kanuck

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:09 PM

Is the Quicktime player default MPG player too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users