Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandalwood

sandalwood

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

In the process of cleaning out some junk on my Toshiba lap top I must have done something that caused me to lose sound. I have windows xp2000.
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:11 PM

find out where it lists your drivers. its different...i got xp. there should be a list...one will say audio. select it and delete it then restart your computer. it should reinstall it and your sound should work. btw...just wondering...is your sound turned on or muted? I went through total reinstall other day only to find out my soound was muted the whole time :-/ . cant hurt to check. lmfa.

#3 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:56 PM

So is it Win XP or 2000?
if it be XP you could always run System Restore
Posted Image

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

In the process of cleaning out some junk on my Toshiba lap top I must have done something that caused me to lose sound. I have windows xp2000.
Thanks for your help.

Crazy as it sounds, a lot of people accidentally move the little wheel that controls the volume on the outside of the laptop. If that's not it, check to make sure you haven't checked the "mute" checkbox on the little speaker in your tray. And if that doesn't work, check out sound in your control panel, and make sure system sounds are enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users