Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 And Cpu Usage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

Hi! I noticed just now that when I had taskmanager on that my CPU usage suddenly spiked to 100% whenever I would open an IE page but as suddenly as it spikes, it goes back down to 0%.

Is this normal? I mean I have 2 gb ram and Im on a sempron 3400 (2gb) with 160gb space.

Just found it odd...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

Hi Stacy Jamie,

I'm pretty sure this is normal behavior and that it's opening the task manager itself that causes the spike. That's the way it works for me, anyway.

If you go to the Processes tab and then click on "CPU" at the top of its column, you'll see your list of running processes ordered by the amount of CPU they use. If the little arrow is pointing up, then the list starts with the least usage; click it again to have the arrow pointing down, and you'll see the heaviest user at the top of the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users