Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reloading Xp Mce Failed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

I am using XP and am reinstalling XP MCE on a 320 WD EIDE drive. XP installer gets to about 34 or so minutes and I get a blue screen saying
"A problem has been dected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical info: XXXstop 0X0000000A (0X0063006D, 0x00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EDEE )

Beginning dump of physical memory to disk: 1 etc...and that goes on till 99

I can't get beyond it or back to windows, safe mode leads me back to the install:crazy:

If I try booting without the install CD it requests the XP installation service pack 2 cd so I put the install disk in and it goes back to the install and pretty soon reaches that 34 or so mark, the same scenario repeats it'self

Edited by Martel, 20 December 2007 - 12:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Check the hard drive...are you using the XP CD to format/create a partition?

Louis

#3 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

No I already have XP (the same) on the drive, I was reloading bc I had several issues with ms programs.

If there is a partition I know nothing of it.

It was a new hard drive I loaded XP on about a month ago and was having some weirdness so I was attempting to load it like an overlay.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

Here's a google about the "34 minute hiccup" - you might want to try some of their solutions (haven't tried them myself): http://www.google.com/search?q=xp+34+minut...lient=firefox-a
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

Best I can tell from the 39 minute hiccup is that it is a hardware problem.

I am still trying to run it down and now have renewed hope that I will.

I have followed the leads provided and been one by one eliminating the .ini files at the end of the setupapi.log

So far it is still broke, I will continue to eliminate them one by one and hopefully will be back running.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Were you trying to run a repair using the installation disc? If not and you were just trying to reinstall the OS you will need to reformat the hdd first and then you can reinstall the OS. If you suspect that there is a problem with the hdd go to the web site of the manufacturer and download their diagnostic tool. You will have to make a CD of it to boot from, this also will require you to enter the BIOS and make the CD-ROM the first device in the boot order.

What happened that made want to change out the hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:13 AM

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964

Louis

#8 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

What happened that made want to change out the hdd?

My existing hard drive was full and also was making a clicking sound, so I installed a new one and left the old one as secondary or slave.

#9 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

I have tried everything to no avail...

deleting the .inf files in question, unplugging all externals

I think maybe formatting the disk might be the best way out.

I can get to the os using shift F10

I can switch between the two drives and dir all my files and directories.

I finally yanked the drive out put it in a cage rescued my pictures and Quickbooks.

Formatted the drive and installed XP.

Everything went smoothly ....never figured out what caused the 34 minute hiccup

Thanks again

Edited by Martel, 25 December 2007 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users