Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Sfc /scnnow Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

Hi all, I haven't been all that happy with the way my OS has been running so I decided I would run a scan disk (sfc /scannow). The scan got to 99% and said "errors were found but scan disk can not fix all errors, view log file".
So open up the log file and to my horror it was about 50 pages long. Well it would be quicker to format than to read all that data.
So if anyone has any ideas I would be greatly pleased!
MCP
MSDST

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:49 AM

The error log is long and extremely complex. Could you post a few clips of parts of it for us to have a look at? Look for anything that refers to error/s or failure/s
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the logfile (via email) - it's pretty durned long!
Anyways, it was my mistake to have you search for fail or error - in the Vista version the keywords are "cannot repair". Here's a link to the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

I scanned your log and found that there weren't any errors in the log (which was created between 0630 and 0717 on Dec 21st, 2007). If this is the log that referred to the errors - then there's something wrong. If this is a log of an SFC run afterwards - then it allegedly corrected all the errors (and there was a whole pile of them!) There were a couple of "NonStart" entries - but they were quickly followed by the message that they weren't needed.

From this

"errors were found but scan disk can not fix all errors, view log file"

I'm wondering if this is a separate error - and, if so, I suspect the information on it can be found in the Event Viewer, probably in the System log files around the time that you ran the scan
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users