Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet Another Screen Capture Utility Request

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:46 AM

Hi guys, I'm looking for (hopefully a free) utility that allows you to capture 'screen dumps' of the bios. I did think about taking photos of the screen but there must be some utility?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:38 AM

think about what's running when you see bios? not even dos

I have had the same problem, best just to take a picture like everyone else is doing, web guides etc
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:07 AM

think about what's running when you see bios? not even dos

I have had the same problem, best just to take a picture like everyone else is doing, web guides etc

Well its always been the same old problem with trying to capture the screen dumps of the bios, I remember in at college using a doggy 35mm camera taking photos and them anotating them for a project. I did think by now there would be a way to capture the data. Infact looking through some old documentation I wrote back in 1996, you were able to output a screen print to the printer providing it was attached to the PC via the parallel cable.

So camer it is, at least the development of monitors has progressed, trying to take pictures of a CRT screen was awful what with the banding that appeared on the photograph.

Thanks for the reply, just thought I'd put it out there, you never know what you'll find! :thumbsup:
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

A superior guide to a specific bios would be captured with video output, it could then be recorded to dvd and edited and compressed etc
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users