Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vbzip10.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kermitklein

kermitklein

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

I was downloading a program from limewire and unfortunately it had an application extension to it that I did not want. I got rid of the program however the dll remained. I tried to manually delete it, but the error keeps coming up as destination folder access denied. When I try to continue through window, it says that I need permission to perform the action.

The information for the file is:
vbzip10.dll
file description: Info-ZIP's Zip dll
Company: Info-Zip
File Version: 1.1.0.0
Date created: 12/14/07
Size: 144 KB

Also I have a worm that is hiding on my computer. It's under users and the folder is "-". It also appears under setup.exe yet when I try to delete all the zips in the setup.exe file, my computer says that the file is not responding and it will not allow me to delete. I was able to find it on winrar and it has 49936 zip files in the setup.exe file. I deleted winrar yet the zip still remains.

I tried to run my mcafee virus scan and it has been running for over 8 hours and has quarantined over 2907 files so far which are all zip files. Could you please help me get rid of the file. Thank you.

Edited by kermitklein, 20 December 2007 - 04:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

This is the infection you have:
http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32fontraf.html
It's a P2P worm with 'Bot' characteristics. You'll need help cleaning from your machine.

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'.
The HJT log will open in notepad.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Don't try to 'fix' anything by yourself!

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users