Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall Stops Websites From Loading

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

Hey guys, I am hoping that you can help me out here because my firewall causes most webpages to not load or will only load some parts of it. When I go on a video website like Youtube, it says I have no JavaScript or it isn't enabled. Also when I go to log-in to most websites, I cant because of the firewall. But, I have found a way around the problem but it will probably cause more problems. The way aroudn this is to disable my firewall, but I am not comfortable with doing this anymore as I DO NOT want any hackers getting into my computer, as well as malicuous software creeping into my PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:14 PM

You many need to install the latest version of JavaRuntimeEnvironment.
You should be able to set your Firewall to allow your browser or trusted applications access.
What browser are you using?
What firewall are you using?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

I have the latest version of Java, I updated it recenlty about 2 months ago and I still have the problem, but, when I turn off the firewall everythign is fine so I think it is the firewall that is the main problem. I have tried everything, and, I am not willing to disable the firewall anymore. I am using Internet Explorer 7 and my firewall is CA Personal Firewall which comes with the software CA Security Centre 2007. Thanks for the reply aswell John, apreciated on this anoying issue!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

Since I use neither IE7 nor CAPF, I cannot help you with specifics. I would suggest you review the Help File for Security Centre 7 to determine if 1) you can reset the firewall (you will have to "reteach" it) or 2) allow access by application.
Could the problem be caused by IE7? Did you have this problem using IE6?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:00 AM

I can't actually remember if the problem happened in IE6, I probably thought it was that acutall website teh caused the porblem when I had IE6 (If the pobrlem happened then)

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

I think there was a thread regarding similar problems some users were having after last weeks MSN updates?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#7 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:41 AM

Have you gone through some of these troubleshooting steps?
http://shop.ca.com/Support/techsupport/firewall.aspx# (see Firewall Blocking Issues)
In the article Unable to access webmail and other websites it says that cookies and sessions are disabled by default. This will definitely cause problems.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#8 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for all of your help guys, I had already looked on the CA website for help but didn't find anything. Then I tried again today and found out why it is doing this. I have now fixed my problem. I just add the sites that I trust to my trusted websites list in my CA Firewall and now the websites that had this problem dont have it anymore! Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup:

#9 bisquit

bisquit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

Dear computer-wise people,
I dare to revive this thread because I need help. The problem is pretty much the same as david28 stated in his first post. YouTube says I don't have a Java or it's not enabled. I downloaded the newest version of Java from the link they gave me but still no videos are working.
I got a Kaspersky antivirus few days ago and that's when the problems started.

NOW, I guess it's all about the Firewall, but I don't know how to disable it for Java. Any help will be appreciated alot. YouTube is my only friend... ;)

Cya.

#10 bisquit

bisquit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Oh and I use Firefox 1.0.7. :thumbsup:

#11 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Do you happen to be using the No-Script addon for Mozilla Firefox? Also, it would be wise to update Firefox as your version is fairly outdated. You can update here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Now is it Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security Suite?

Regards,
David.

#12 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

Java script is different from Java so installing Java won't help. I don't normally use Firefox but I think there was a recent upgrade so you should try that. Then when you go to Youtube, it will tell you that you are missing the Flash plugin and you should install it that should fix it. That's exactly what I did when I needed to use Firefox last night.

#13 bisquit

bisquit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

I downloaded the Java script from the link that Youtube showed me. I really think that the problem is in Firewall. I'll update the Firefox now tho.

#14 bisquit

bisquit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:57 AM

Java script is different from Java so installing Java won't help. I don't normally use Firefox but I think there was a recent upgrade so you should try that. Then when you go to Youtube, it will tell you that you are missing the Flash plugin and you should install it that should fix it. That's exactly what I did when I needed to use Firefox last night.

... Frankp, you were right.) I updated the Firefox and it's all cool now. Didn't expect that, to be honest. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot!

Edited by bisquit, 12 April 2008 - 05:58 AM.

#15 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

Good. Adobe released a new version of Flash a couple of days ago and we've been getting a lot of issues. And conveniently I did the same thing with Firefox last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users