Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will Not Boot Up With Set Cd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coonstir

coonstir

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

My laptop was running slow so checking on the forums it was surgressed to run safe mode last known good configuration.I tried this and safe mode got to blue XP window and frooze.So i looked up forum start safe mode and come across using msconfig to set start up in safe mode.this worked only so far as now can not start in normal mode and keep freezing in safe mode again when it gets to blue XP start up screen.So I tried all other ways of start up from safe mode Enable logging boot ect each time same problem.Check boot up forum,boot up with Windows XP set up cd,set bios to boot from cd/hard drive .tried running cd still booted into safe mode and not cd tried F12 same.So now can not boot from cd or normal mode only into safe mode which freezes. I have looked at all of the forums and can one part fo my problem but not all three problems together.As I said at the start my lap top was running slow I had not installed any new programmes.My lap top is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1.7 centrino mobile with 1gb memory running XP SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:28 AM

See the following Bleeping Computer tutorial:

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Scroll down to the section: Problems that can occur by forcing Safe Mode using the System Configuration Utility
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

Hi there coonstir, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

**EDIT:Retracting my previous statement as I realized that it was erroneous. Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 20 December 2007 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users