Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Today Is The Day

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

My son-in-laws ship returns to port. He is aboard the USS Arleigh Burke. In July, they were deployed.
My daughter was pregnant with their first child. Because she didn't want to stay in Virginia and have the baby without him, she came home to me so she could have family with her when the baby was born. Ended up being the best thing to do. On October 17, I had planned to take my daughter to lunch at her favorite restaurant for her birthday. Instead, we ended up at the hospital with her in labor. The baby didn't take long making her way into the world. She was a month early-spent 2 weeks in the NICU before being allowed to go home. It's been interesting, a long time since I've been in the same house with a baby.
Today daddy and daughter will meet for the first time. Even though I am not there, I'm really excited about the event.
Right now, I'm so used to having a baby in the house that if I here a noise that sounds like a baby crying I think "baby is awake" then realize she isn't here.
I miss the kid, but they will be back this weekend.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

October is a great month to be born. The 17th is an even better day! (Giggle)

Congrats GranMa to all of you.

(Aside: Thanks to your SIL for serving in the USN.)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

A Better Christmastime could not be imagined.
We all thank your Son-in-law for his service, and his family for enduring the hardships of his absence.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

Queen-Evie, My best to you and your family. Now and for the rest of the year as well. I thank and salute your Son-in-law for his service. And more importantly, I salute and thank your family and especially your daughter, for their sacrifice in supporting our soldiers and sailors who defend our freedoms. Soldiers and sailors accept the duty. Families have it thrust upon them and do it silently. Soldiers and sailors cannot do their jobs properly without the love ans suport of those at home. You are the true heroes, who never are acknowledged. Thank You.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

It's my first time for grandkids and Christmas also. We have 2 and grandma's going nuts with shopping :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

It's my first time for grandkids and Christmas also. We have 2 and grandma's going nuts with shopping :thumbsup:
Mark

It's fun to have children in the house. I'm loving every second of it.
Grandma's are supposed to go nuts buying for the most beautiful babies you've ever seen.

How old are your grandchildren, garmanma? I see what I hope is you with them on your icon. They are adorable.

My oldest granddaughter will be a year old in January. The baby is 9 weeks old today. We kidded about Natalie being born on her mom's birthday. Never in a million years did we ever think it would actually happen.

#7 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

We kidded about Natalie being born on her mom's birthday. Never in a million years did we ever think it would actually happen.

This is not all that unusual actually. It's something about October being the 10th month of the year.
(A long, cold winter has usually preceeded.)

Two in my direct family born the same day, and several others of the outlaws' famlies also.

Something in the local water I'm thinking? :thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

It's my first time for grandkids and Christmas also. We have 2 and grandma's going nuts with shopping :flowers:
Mark

It's fun to have children in the house. I'm loving every second of it.
Grandma's are supposed to go nuts buying for the most beautiful babies you've ever seen.

How old are your grandchildren, garmanma? I see what I hope is you with them on your icon. They are adorable.

My oldest granddaughter will be a year old in January. The baby is 9 weeks old today. We kidded about Natalie being born on her mom's birthday. Never in a million years did we ever think it would actually happen.

My grandson is 7 months and my granddaughter is 3 months. the grandson's is alert, giggly, and crawling all over the place. He'll have a good time with all the boxes and wrapping paper. Next year's Christmas is going to be the memorial one. Funny thing, you know how most babies scream when you put them on Santa's lap? You'll notice in my icon, my beard's longer than Santa's. We got some great pictures and Santa found out he needs to attach his beard more securely :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Topic Starter

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

Give a kid an empty box and he/she will be happy for hours.

My 11 month old granddaughter is fascinated by the bows on the boxes under the tree.

Son-in-law is now in port. As a new father, he was one of the first off the ship. They spent some time together, then he had to get back to work. My daughter is tired but happy.
The aggravation she went through Monday at the Philadelphia airport was forgotten as soon as she saw her husband. (it wasn't weather related. something the airline did after landing that made her miss her flight to Norfolk)

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

Well congratulations and Merry Christmas. I'm glad all of you are doing fine. Enjoy the weekend.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Merry Christmas to you all! :thumbsup:

And Queen-Evie, congratulations and I thank your son-in-law for his service to our country.

Edited by SpySentinel, 19 December 2007 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

Congratulation on the recent addition to yous family Queen-Evie, and it's great that the family will be reunited for the holidays.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users