Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Hard Disk Big Prob Plz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JinX JacK

JinX JacK

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hy ! i have a serius prob.my Local disk E: shows it self but when we open it . it says that it is not accesible plz format it was ok before then suddenly it said not accesible. can anyon tell me how to return it to normal plz cause it was a 107 gb partition and i had all my things in it. can anyone plz help me plzzz. when i do a check disk it almost finishs but in the end it stops at usn journal. nothing happens after that. help plz

Edited by JinX JacK, 19 December 2007 - 07:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

I would:

a. Check Event Viewer for clues about the status of the drive.

b. Make sure all connections are solid.

c. Run chkdsk, following these guidelines, XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

Normally, chkdsk only quits when the drive has problems. If chkdsk stops, it's probably time to download a diagnostic from the manufacturer of your hard drive and run same.

Drive Diagnostics - http://support.mpccorp.com/diagnostics/hard_drive.html

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp. - http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287#samsung

Louis

#3 JinX JacK

JinX JacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

how to open event viewer
i re connected the whole sytem. nothing happend
the graphical version of chkdsk does not scan E: when i scan it the chkdsk quits.
Look its like this that from the same Hard Drive i Have C:, E: and F:. only E: is not working.

Edited by JinX JacK, 19 December 2007 - 12:11 PM.

#4 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

I got this great little adaptor on ebay, for about $10. It connects IDE, notebook and SATA drives via a USB interface. If your stuff can be retrieved, this should be able to do it.

Good luck.

DR

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

To open the Event Viewer, click Start, then the Control Panel, then click the Performance and Maintenance icon, then go to Administrative Tools, and then open Event Viewer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users