Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can The Person Who Built My Pc See What Im Doing?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:21 AM

I have VNC installed on one of my computers and that computer was custom built..

Can the person who built it see what Im doing?
Or does VNC just provide interaction from one PC to another?

Because I feel real uneasy about someone seeing what Im doing.
Not that Im up to no good of course :thumbsup: :flowers:

But if they can see what Im doing.
How the hell do i get that thing of my machnine??

Edited by Teenage.Zombiee, 19 December 2007 - 12:22 AM.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop sharing system which uses the RFB protocol to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.

VNC is platform-independent — a VNC viewer on any operating system can usually connect to a VNC server on any other operating system. There are clients and servers for almost all GUI operating systems and for Java. Multiple clients may connect to a VNC server at the same time. Popular uses for this technology include remote technical support and accessing files on one's work computer from one's home computer.

The above quote taken from: here

So the answer to your question, "Can the person who built it see what Im doing?" depends on what purpose they installed the VNC software. It also depends on what settings they used. They may or may not have access. As far as how to remove it, it depends on what specific VNC application you have and if it shows up in 'add/remove' programs in control panel.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for your response.

After reading that it has made me somewhat uneasy about having this program installed on my computer because I have no idea what his purpose was when he installed it.

I will go about uninstalling sometime today.

But before I do,
Is there some way to tell if he can see what Im doing?

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users