Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Keep Getting Pop-ups!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 another_version

another_version

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

Hello.
ive had to resort to posting on here because I feel like Ive got no other options left. Basically, I keep getting pop-ups when I surf the internet, generally 1 pop-up for everyfew webpages I surf through. some of them are very adult orientated material and my younger sister also uses this computer, so i'd really like to get rid of it all.
I think its spyware thats the cause of it all, a program called 'inaccess.exe' is usually seen running on task manager, and in program files I usually see a file called 'instant access'. when I delete it, it usually re-installs itself by the next time I look.
I think that its also responsible for downloading icons onto my desktop, the main one being called 'crazygirls'. which, when deleted usually re-installs itself also.
this is very annoying, because ive tried probably at least 15 different scanners to get rid of spyware (including norton, which is currently running) but no luck at all!
I really appreciate it if you could help me out in anyway.

thanks, Dan.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hello Dan, Lets start off with a bit more info and 1 suggestion. Let us know the answer please.
What is your Operating system
What Antivirus ,spyware and firewall do you have installed?
Are any popups asking you to prchase a malware removal product?

Please run this application. SUPERAntiSpyware

Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to Start Windows in Safe Mode

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.

If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

Post the Scan Log back here.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Click Close to exit the program.
Reboot PC to Normal.

Please ask any needed questions and Let us know how it went.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users