Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gears Of War Problem (pc)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

I've just gotten Gears of WAR for my PC, as I still prefer games o my PC with the better resolutions and mouse/keyboard. I got Gears of War and when I run it, it'll go through the intro, then once the title screen comes up I have 30 seconds before the game shuts off, I even rushed to start a game and it actually loaded but around 30 seconds it shut off!? It's really annoying. I honestly can't figure anything that could be doing it, the error report is just a bunch of code and gives no reason.

I know it's difficult to tell the problem, and I wish there was more info that I could give, but if you have any idea it'd be nice.

Computer specs

Athlon 3500+
1GB Samsung, PC 3200 (512x2)
Sapphire X1950 Pro
Some ASUS Ambernine mobo
200GB seagate barracude
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grdn1014

Grdn1014

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

What are the specs on your power supply?

Hardware temps idle and under load?

Edited by Grdn1014, 21 December 2007 - 12:26 PM.

#3 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

It's the game, I'm quite sure. Doubt it's a hardware problem. And the PSU is barely under load from my setup.

600Watt Ulta X-Finity

CPU never usually runs more then 42C MAX, and around 35C idle.

My X1950 stays around 40-45 idle. I think 50-60C on load ( not sure on load, but I can overclock it about 50mhz on the core and 100 and the memory stable )

And a couple hours on the Gears of War website showed that it's not an isolated problem.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

Althought I don't have this game I have herd that there are a few bugs in the release. This link will have more info. My only advice would be to ensure that you install the latest patches for the game.

More Gears of War problems here.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 Deth-Harmonic

Deth-Harmonic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

i have a similar problem, i got gears of war about a year ago like a few days after it came out and it worked perfectly. but our system runner burnt out and we got a new one. but ever since then the game will run for about 15 to 25 seconds and not just the game but the whole computer turns off. i called the microsoft cutomer service thing and they told me i neede a 350 watt power source and i have a 550 and it still dosen't work

dose any1 know what to do?

#6 redrumer

redrumer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

I had a similar problem :trumpet: . Here is what I did:

1. Uninstall and Re-install

2. Search for patches (sorry this was a while ago. I don't remember If I found one :flowers: )

3. Put in patches.

4. Get a live ID

After all that it worked perfectly. :thumbsup: Make sure to test in between every step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users