Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Web History

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chuck626

chuck626

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

Can someone please tell me how to delete my surfing history. My wife gets on my back for checking .... HELP !!!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:28 PM

You can refer to these articles for tips on clearing browser history. The last link has a good method to remove typed URLs from your registry.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA011906921033.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157729
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

Both Firefox and IE have options under the Tools tab to delete your browsing history. It comes in handy when your shopping for X-mas presents online. :thumbsup: Firefox also has an option you can set to delete personal history every time you exit.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

To reduce or increase the number of days a site is kept in history

In Internet Explorer 6, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then under History, adjust the number of days.

In Internet Explorer 7, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Settings button for Browsing History and
adjust the number of days.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users