I tried to build you a computer with everything you wanted for around $300 including SLI and this is what i came up with and you will still be over budget with only one video card. I threw this together pretty quick so might of made 1 or 2 mistakes but you get the idea.
This is with intel and AMD but almost every part is at the bottom of the barrel so this is why most people were telling you to up your budget.
1. This SLI motherboard is only $46 bucks but of course it foxconn and most people seem to use ASUS, Gigabyte, or Abit....
Its FSB is only up to 1066 and it can only support a pentium 4 which like i was saying is a lil out of date. It also only supports DDR2 667 RAM.
So if you happy with then thats fine but majority of people would spend a little more go get the P35 so they can run a core 2 duo and also get a motherboard that supports the 1333FSB.
Higher end motherboards will also support better ram like DDR2 1066FoxConn Motherboard
2. This is the most inexpensive P4 HT on newegg to help with your budget its aroun 70 bucksPentium 4 HT
1. AMD MB $40.00 with shipping after rebate FoxConn AMD Motherboard
2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor $40AMD 64 x2
INTEL RAM DDR2
3. This is basic ram off newegg DDR2 667 Wintec 2X1GB No specified timings Currently $35 Wintec 667
AMD RAM DDR 400
3. This AMD motherboard only accepts DDR 400. Cheapest was Wintec $95.00Wintec DDR400
4. Most inexpensive SLI video card you can run is SLI EVGA 7300GT $60 Each $45.00 after rebate EVGA 7300GT
5. Here is an optical drive LiteOn 17.99 Lite On DVD Drive
6. Hitachi 80GB HardDrive 3gb/s 7200RPM $49.00 with shipping Hitachi Hard Drive
7. Heat Sink and fan ASUS 10.99 ASUS heatsink/fan
8. Rosewill Case R220 $30.00 w/ shipping Rosewill case
6. SilverStone power supply 500W. It said on the power supply calculator you would need roughly 350 continous watts of power for this setup. This power supply is some what inexpensive and 80% efficient and also has the 24pin connector which you need and 2 PCI-e connectors. $59.99 after rebateSilverstone 500
Edited by Lucky23, 20 December 2007 - 07:01 PM.