is a program that is listed as a rogue on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List
. "Rogue/Suspect" means that these products are of unknown, questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware protection.
Did you use the program's uninstaller or Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel? Its not uncommon for uninstallers to miss some of the associated registry entries during removal. Did you physically search for SpywareBot.exe to ensure it has been removed?
If its no longer present, download AutoRuns
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if your not sure how to do this.)
- Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
- Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
- When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
- Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to SpywareBot.exe.
- Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
- Reboot your computer.