Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Fast

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ckenney

ckenney

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

I have a major issue that needs major help. I have a laptop that after it boots, will not show any icons or taskbar. If I act quickly enough i can get the task manager to come up, but less then 3 min later the task bar and computer will freeze up. I have tried everything that I know in the common computer world but nothing seems to work. I can work in safe mode but i do not know where to go from here to fix the problem.

The second computer is a desktop and it keeps rebooting and rebooting over and over again. again i can go into safe mode ot the task manager but thats about it. These problems happend about 2 days ago and i have been breaking my neck trying to figure it out. I need help fast does anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:03 AM

For the laptop, boot into safe mode.
Control Panel/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
Choose a date just prior to when the problem began.
Hopefully this will bring back your icons and task bar.

You can try the same thing with your desktop. If it doesn't work, someone else will
have to help you with this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users