Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Messenger Virus Ko'd Both My Desktops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doudou9394

doudou9394

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hi,

I was infected with a MSN Messenger virus when I clicked on one of my friends instant messages that said something like "do i look ugly in this picture, i want to post it on myspace" and stupidly opened the zip file. (It was late and I was half asleep)

Then I tried to find it using Avast, Ad-Aware, and Spybot S&D. Spybot S&D found Win32 Agent NGJ and some other viruses. I read through some forums to run Combofix, and once I did that, my computer restarted and said "Missing Operating System"

So the next day, I went to work and asked the guy in IT how to fix it. He recommended that I pull out the harddrive and put it in my other computer to back up my data.

When I did that, my older computer stopped working as well. It loads up windows still, but when I try to click on My Computer, it says something like "security settings prohibit running activex controls" It doesn't allow me to click on anything else and just freezes up.

First computer infected (newer one) is a Sony Vaio RZ22G running Windows XP home edition (Missing Operation System)
Second computer is a Sony Vaio RX260DS running Windows ME (Security Settings/ActiveX control issue)

I would like to somehow restore the older computer and fix the newer one. Can someone tell me where to begin?

Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users