Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folder Options

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:12 PM

Hi guys,

When viewing a fodler containing a large number of files, ( in my case mp3's ) i like to keep them in order of date created. Just a preference.
Every now and then, i right click, choose arrange by.. then hit name.
To get them back to the state where they're arranged by date created, i have to add Date Created to the options ...
This is done as im sure you already know, by clicking View, then choose details, where we are treated to a number of options to add or remove from the "Arrange By... " list....

My problem is, .. why does this list reset afer every reboot, why cant i make my change to this permanent ??

Its a petty thing i know, but just one thats under my skin and cant figure out how to sort it out.....

Please help !
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:40 PM

Hi carnivalofsorts & :thumbsup: to BC.

Try this.....

Open your "My Docs" folder.

Click on the view button and select DETAILS

Then click on the DATE MODIFIED column heading.
(You may have to do this twice so the most recent file is at the top).

Then go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW > APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS.

That should now be set to display by date and not folder or files.

Edited by JackTheHaack, 25 February 2005 - 03:41 PM.

JTH

#3 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 07:48 PM

Jack The Hack, thank you so much for your help on that one.
Its one of those annoying things that you're sure there's a solution to, but in the end i just had to give up and ask someone....
Appreciate it.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users