Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Selling Automated Downloads/instant Downloads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

Is there a free alternative to PayPal download manager and other scripts that cost money?

Im writing an E-Book that I plan to sell sometime in january, and the website is working, but I'm not sure about how to set up an automatic download once the customer has paid.

so, if you dont understand what i wana do, here it is again.

Sell E-book >> Customer Pays >> taken to thankyou page >> Download Automatically Starts

Thanks, hopefully i can get some help in this :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

Hi Sp0nge,

Are you sure you don't already have a shopping cart included with your website? An awful lot of hosts do provide them, many for free.

I did a quick Google search using the keywords "free shopping OR storefront" and came up with these results. I can't say whether or not any of them will start an automatic download, which is probably your biggest obstacle..

I recognized one name on that list - the Agora open source shopping cart - which was included on the server at one website I owned. Never used it, though. This one - FatFreeCart - looks pretty interesting.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Edited by Dialer, 17 December 2007 - 09:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users