Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With My Onboard Sound.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

ok first off im not entirely sure if this is the right place but im guessing so :flowers: (if its not sorry)

ok the problem is pretty simple i think for some unknown reason my headphones have started crackling no i know its definitly not the headphones ive tried 3 pairs :trumpet: so just as a short term solution i plugged in all my front audio panel (was unplugged for some reason cant remember) all goes well except thats the headphones still crackle well that is to say the left headphone does the right one is completely dead, so im guessing that the front pins have been put into the wrong positions i was just wondering if anyone knew the pin sequence for a "FUJITSU SIEMENS P5SD2-FM Rev 1.xx" motherboard or if theres a way to get the sound working properly from my motherboard, i know a work around is to buy a cheap soundcard but PCI slots arent exactly going spare in my pc if you know what i mean :thumbsup:, anyways i would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas thanks.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

I tried to get the manaul but their site keeps crashing or something. I was in the middle of viewing the PDF and poof :thumbsup: . Will keep loooking.

Edit: got it to load but I cant cut and past from the PDF.. Here is the Link

Edited by Sneakycyber, 17 December 2007 - 05:08 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:11 PM

will sound stupid, but fits nonetheless:

is the headphone plug pushed *all* the way into the female socket? like even if its out by like 2mm, that will cause those symptoms..

goodluck
=)

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:17 PM

yeah the headphone jacks all the way in :thumbsup: 1st thing i checked sorry i should have mentioned it...and as for the manual ive already checked that on part 1.7.2 (11) it shows the pin locations but for some reason they dont work im usin realtek HD audio and this is for diff types maybe thats it.

oh and as for a possible replacement i found something on ebay its a usb thing that has headphone and MIC jacks just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these before and if theyre any good.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

HD audio and this is for diff types maybe thats it.

You mean the drivers? If so try download the MB audio drivers from the website. That should help allot.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users