Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Hangs one ONE site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Big George

Big George

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

The computer is from Micro Center and came with everything pre-installed, XP Pro. I have a reliable cable modem connection. I have one emergency repair CD, and I am guessing that's not going to be useful for an IE repair job.

I do research using a variety of websites daily and have used bookmarked sites for the last three years, and just recently started having this problem with Fox News, getting the "too busy" error, when Firefox and Opera connect fine.

I've unistallled Java and installed Sun, and this has not fixed the problem. (In fact, now I can't get the pop-up calendar for date planning on sites like Priceline!)

I use AVG and Spy Sweeper daily and once a week also run Spybot and Ad-Aware. And I just installed the Microsoft AntiSpyware, which has seemingly had the effect of speeding up site loading vey nicely...but the Fox problem still remains, and I'd really like to use IE for several reasons including compatibility with some accessory programs.

(I have caught a couple of baddies but after getting rid of them, the problem remains.)

I'm not a super techie, but I'm not a rank novice. So can anyone help me overcome this bleeping problem?

Thanks for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:59 PM

Could you supply the link to the page with which you are having problems so we can attempt to duplicate the problem?
Since you can get there using FF/Mozilla, there is a plug in that allows you view the page in IE, so you may have a workaround until the problem is resolved by first accessing the page in FF, then using the plug-in to view whatever you need in IE.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users