Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DSO Exploit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Forrest

Forrest

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:21 AM

I just ran Spybot Search and Destroy and found that I have something called DSO Exploit on my system.Is this a serious problem?Is there a way I can get rid of this?It says it's a registry change,is that a problem?Apparently Spybot wont get rid of this problem for me.I would Appreciate any help with this.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dahoe

Dahoe

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

Go to here on this site where Grinler explains how to sort it out, and follow his instructions, that's what i did and it's gone now....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&hl=dso+exploitDso Exploit

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

Hi Forrest, :thumbsup: to BC.

That is one way to fix the DSO problem with Spybot if you are willing to work with modifying your registry. However, Spybot has released a patch for the DSO bug in their software which will fix the problem for you.

This patch will not appear in the regular Spybot updates, you must download and install the patch manually.
The patch may be found here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4392.html

Just download the patch and install it , Spybot 1.3 must be installed for this patch to work
There is no justice, there is just us.

#4 jd957

jd957

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:21 AM

I had the DSO Exploit also. The following solution (fix) was suggested to me. It is a quick fix, but it works. Hope this helps.

In order to do this. You have to set Searchbot S&D into the advanced mode.

Launch SpyBot

Go to "Settings"
Go to "Ignore Products"
Go to Security tab
Put a check on DSO Exploit

#5 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3408/how-to-remove-the-dso-exploit/

Go there, its in the Malware reading and self-help section of BC, this tells you how to get rid of the DSO Exploit once and for all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users