Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated Drwatson Errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jverlinden

jverlinden

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hi, I'm new to the site, and have a problem I'm hoping folks here can help with.

I don't know if I'm infected or not. I'm running Windows XP Media Center edition. I'm getting increasingly frequent DrWatson can't run errors, and other can't run and must close errors.

I've run SpyEraser, RegistryBooster, and Speed Up My PC. I made frequent backups of the Registry, so I should be able to restore to any point if necessary.

I had AdAware on the machine at one point but I also have Kaspersky Internet Security, and Kaspersky flagged AAW as invected so I let it delete. Now I get can't run and must close errors whenever I try to install AAW (which is the first step in the try this first doc on this site!).

I read somewhere that these kind of problems could be related to the Windows Installer. I tried to run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, but it fails (has encountered a problem and must close).

Am I infected, have a corrupted registry, or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,904 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

Welcome to BC jverlinden

Dr. Watson for Windows is a program error debugger that gathers information about your computer when an error (or user-mode fault) occurs with a program. Technical support groups can use the information that Dr. Watson obtains and logs to diagnose a program error. When an error is detected, Dr. Watson creates a text file (Drwtsn32.log) that can be delivered to support personnel by the method they prefer. You also have the option of creating a crash dump file, which is a binary file that a programmer can load into a debugger...

Description of the Dr. Watson for Windows

"Memory Dumps in XP".
"Overview of memory dump file options for Windows 2000/XP/2003".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jverlinden

jverlinden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Quietman7--I'll read through these.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,904 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

Your welcome and good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif