Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Volume Of Sent Traffic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jb0

jb0

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:11 AM

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP Home, and under Network Connections -> Local area connection status,

there is a popup window which tells you the status, duration, speed and activity of the Local Area Connection.

My problem starts here, under the same window, the Sent value for Activity is extremely bigger than the Received value. When I say "extremely bigger", I mean :

Sent = 18,590,047,886 packets
Received = 269,518 packets

I'm not sure if i was infected which a spam/adware, so I did a scan with AVG-Free. Nothing came up.

Now I'm attempting to record and analyze the traffic packets using Wireshark (AKA Ethereal), but I'm no expert so I don't/can't see anything fishy or out of place.

I'm not even sure :thumbsup: if this is a problem to start with, maybe my computer is just sending out alot of random stuff to LAN? (which I'm sure it shouldn't happen anyways...)

Thanks in advance,

JB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jb0

jb0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

Can anyone clarify/help me on this topic? :thumbsup: