Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Keyboard Keys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Narumi

Narumi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

One morning, I woke up to find that I couldn't log on to my computer because my c, d, e, 3, and control key wouldn't work. They didn't come up, but, no matter how much I press them, they won't work. So, I use a separate keyboard, but It is very inconvinent. I have carefully pulled them up and tried to clean them, but that did nothing. Any suggestions? Also, I have a 2002, Intel Celeron, Toshiba, Windows XP. Sorry I have no idea if any of that would be helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

Hi Narumi, Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

How old is your laptop? There may be some sort of fault in the keyboard, in specific, those buttons mabye or possibly a wire connecting these keys has shorted out. I also noticed that the keys are all above each other running along the keyboard. Hope this helps.

Edited by david.graziani, 16 December 2007 - 01:14 AM.

#3 Narumi

Narumi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:15 AM

Thank you so much.... I think it is 2002 o,o

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:22 AM

Well, 2002, so the computer is 5-6 years old, so it is most likely the keyboard has gone faulty or something may have shorted, because you can use a normal keyboard and that works fine. I recommend that you take your computer in to a computer store and they should be able to help you out further and possibly replace or fix the keyboard and open up the laptop and find the real problem. I would also say that since the computer was made in 2002 making it 5-6 years old, other problems could start to develop from this point forwards, which will probably cost you time and money working out the problem, it's cause and getting it fixed, so therefore maybe a new computer might be required, but it can depend on your budget aswell, so, take it in to a computer store and they should help you out further. Hope this helps a lot!

Edited by david.graziani, 16 December 2007 - 01:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users