Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GeoGoGo

GeoGoGo

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

I have run into an interesting issue. Running XP home with IE 7 on a cable modem. The issue I am having is that IE keeps hanging up and stops responding. It hangs for agout one minute and can not be closed even through task manager before that minute is up.

The machine is able to connect to Microsoft to send error reports, I can use AIM, I get an IP, can ping websites, release and renew IP. I have reinstalled NIC drivers but nothing resolves the issue. Can I reinstall IE 7 itself or does XP have to be reinstalled?

Does this sound like a proper diagnosis? If not, does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks very much for the time everyone. Have a Merry Christmas.

Respectfully,

George D.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:03 AM

Hi GeoGoGo,

Here's an article with some information on how to resolve this problem: Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Problems.
Crashes or Hangs is at the very top of the page.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users