Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Create A Personalized Screensaver ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

I have someone who would like to use a photo in their picture album to create a personalized screensaver?

Is this only possible with backgrounds ? I haven't tried this but I see the, "Set as desktop background" in My pictures,
is there something like this for screensavers ?

The OS is WXP .

Edited by Jove, 15 December 2007 - 09:48 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hi Jove,

There are lots of programs out there that you can download, from free to quite expensive. Here's a Google search I did for you, using these keywords: personalized screensaver create OR make OR build OR custom

This list that I ran across has lots of free apps: http://pcwin.com/popular/freeware/Screen_Saver_Make-1.htm . I've never tried to do this myself, and I can't vouch for any of these programs, of course.

Good luck, and have fun!

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

Thanks, . .I am just now returning from the search, and yea I am finding them now, at first I did not find much searching "Personalize screensaver" etc., really they were the wrong search terms, now searching, "turn your pictures into", etc.

I'll give these a try thanks again.

Edited by Jove, 15 December 2007 - 11:26 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

There is the option to use your "my pictures" folder. On the desktop, right click, click screensaver tab, scroll down and find My Pictures Slideshow. The big problem I had with it was it showed every thing in the folder. I have some cartoons and GIF's in there that I don't want to be part of the show. So if you only have things you want to see, it works good... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

Wildabeast and Dialer,

Very Interesting, Yep it would really be suitable to have a single picture option. of course I think that these are from the picture file, so even if you only had one there, and stored your pics and the samples somewhere else, I noticed that the few pics that I had there were not a full screen size then you would have to figure that out.

I did try the, I think it was the Happy Note, that works but the pic is not adjustable, to my knowledge to full screen and it floats around on the screen. That isn't what I'm looking for.

I wrote aletter to the Camera co. Olympus Master and if I get an answer they will refer me to there software capabilities for this, so I'll wait and see, . . but thanks that was something I missed.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

You can used Wildabeast's suggestion for one picture.

Simply create a folder and only put one image in it.

Same thing if you only want selected images in a folder to be displayed - create a sub-folder for them and move them into it.

Sometimes the simplest solutins are the best.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 Zakky Solstice

Zakky Solstice

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

I was just trying to do a similar thing for a slideshow of pictures on the desktop. Here is the link for the best one that i found

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

It lets you select as many photos as you want, and then makes an html slideshow in the folder.
Then you can go into the desktop properties, go to the web tab and select the index.htm file for your background.
This sets the web item on top of whatever your background pic is, so what i did was to make no background picture, just a solid black color and then resize the web window to the size you want.....One other thing was that it automatically alligned my desktop icons to the grid, which i cant stand, so i had to re-organize them. It works pretty cool, hope you like it.

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

I'm making note of this and will need to get back to it, . .

but, Thank you all much !

Have a Merry X-mas, . .and A Wing-Ding of a New Year !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users