Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone Plzzz Help Me!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ulanmannx

ulanmannx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

Ok im sure im infected some weird stuff has happened and i'm to the point where i pretty much don't know what to do so can someone plz help me step by step how to remove any problems i may have? I'm not sure exactly wat i have but assume in your help that i have it all

i have mcafee ,spybot, spycatcher, spydoctor, AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, Super anti-spyware free edition, and SmitFraudFix. (all are free editions/trials except mcafee which i got free through comcast)

yes i know im loaded and no i didnt download random programs i have all this because i really want to make sure i get all of it, and am very afraid for my computer.

Edited by ulanmannx, 15 December 2007 - 05:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hello ulanmannx and welcome.
Tell us what OS (XP,Vista etc) you are using?
Also the Antivrus,Antispyware and firewall you have?
Have you scanned recently?
Describle the problems a bit further..
Do you get pop up ads .. Is the PC slow... Does your browser page change on it's own?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

i have windows xp and have literally just scanned with mcafee, spybot, spycatcher, spydoctor. (also unless mcafee has its own firewall or something then im useing the standard windows one)

I have had the computer reboot itself firewall has shut down once, part of mcafee virus scan uninstalled itself, slow computer compared to normal.

mcafee is almost done scanning so far its clean, spybot was clean, spycathcer was clean im pretty sure, and spydoctor got some stuff but said it was successfully removed

Edited by ulanmannx, 15 December 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#4 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

Mcafee just detected a "PrcViewer" i dont know if this is ok to allow (i ended up not allowing it)

Edited by ulanmannx, 15 December 2007 - 06:21 PM.

#5 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

PrcView is a process viewer utility that displays detailed information about processes running under Windows. For each process it displays memory, threads and module usage. For each DLL it shows full path and version information. PrcView comes with a command line version that allows you to write scripts to check if a process is running, kill it, etc.

You say you have already scanned with this, but have not provided a log; I'd like to see one.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
  • Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
Please include the SUPERAntiSpyware Log in your reply, along with details of the other scan results you have run.

Edited by rookie147, 15 December 2007 - 06:35 PM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

i may not get back to u today so ill get back to u tomorrow with results from all programs and the log

#7 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

Ok here is the SUPERAntiSpyware log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/15/2007 at 09:10 PM

Application Version : 3.9.1008

Core Rules Database Version : 3362
Trace Rules Database Version: 1361

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:10:33

Memory items scanned : 704
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5861
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 61702
File threats detected : 4

Registry Cleaner Trial
C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Registry Cleaner\Backups\2007-08-29,15-07 25 531.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Registry Cleaner\Backups
C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Registry Cleaner

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Cookies\(user name)@avsmedia[1].txt

It seems to me my system may be ok and everything seems normal once again maybe after all those scans and everything i got rid of whatever without realizing it....

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
Click "OK".
Click the "More Options" Tab.
Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

well this morning it is slow still so its not normal but idk wat the problem could be

#10 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

Take a look at the following topic:
Slow Computer/Browser? It May Not Be Malware

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

my computer is fine now and working at full speed, one question thou how do i uninstall superanti-spyware?

Edited by ulanmannx, 16 December 2007 - 02:54 PM.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

Not sure why ,but it should be removeable from Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs.

Be sure to set a new Restore point as in the post above.

#13 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

i did the restore point snd disk clean up thx but superantispyware isnt in add/remove programs

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

Simply re-install and then immediately uninstall and reboot.

Glad all else is good.

#15 ulanmannx

ulanmannx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:23 AM

thx guys for helping me i really got a scare considering i've lost one hard drive because i didn't know what i was doing didn't want it to happen again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users