Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:19 PM
I'm experiencing slower than normal internet browsing lately. I'm running Windows XP-Home Edition (version 2002, service pack 2) and Internet Explorer version 7.0 through a 5 meg cable modem/USB connection. It has gotten progressively slower over the past several weeks. I'm not very good at troubleshooting these type problems but I'll describe what I've tried:
1. Dumped all temporary internet files, history files, cookies, etc. under Internet Explorer> Tools > Internet Options> Browsing History> Delete All.
2. Ran "Disc Cleanup" under Windows> System Tools.
3. Defragmented C drive.
4. Scanned all drives with my security suite software (F-Secure) provided by my ISP (Charter).
5. Downloaded the freeware program "SuperAntiSpyware" and ran a complete scan. It found 7 adware programs and I let it quarantine them.
6. Called my ISP and was told that my connection looked good and my speed was within range.
None of these actions has helped and I'm stuck! This is very aggravating. Can anyone offer any suggestions on possible solutions to my problem. Please remember that I'm not very tech savvy so you might have to describe potential fixes in terms I will be able to comprehend. I will appreciate any offers of help .
Thanks for your time and patience, Mike Hannah