Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Web Browsing- Pages Loading Slowly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alrednek

alrednek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hi folks,

I'm experiencing slower than normal internet browsing lately. I'm running Windows XP-Home Edition (version 2002, service pack 2) and Internet Explorer version 7.0 through a 5 meg cable modem/USB connection. It has gotten progressively slower over the past several weeks. I'm not very good at troubleshooting these type problems but I'll describe what I've tried:

1. Dumped all temporary internet files, history files, cookies, etc. under Internet Explorer> Tools > Internet Options> Browsing History> Delete All.
2. Ran "Disc Cleanup" under Windows> System Tools.
3. Defragmented C drive.
4. Scanned all drives with my security suite software (F-Secure) provided by my ISP (Charter).
5. Downloaded the freeware program "SuperAntiSpyware" and ran a complete scan. It found 7 adware programs and I let it quarantine them.
6. Called my ISP and was told that my connection looked good and my speed was within range.

None of these actions has helped and I'm stuck! This is very aggravating. Can anyone offer any suggestions on possible solutions to my problem. Please remember that I'm not very tech savvy so you might have to describe potential fixes in terms I will be able to comprehend. I will appreciate any offers of help .

Thanks for your time and patience, Mike Hannah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 somi

somi

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:36 AM

i think u must not use IE7 in my opinion coz its too complicated according to me and the previous versions are far better than this!
and do try out mozilla firefox
you can download the latest version from this site www.filehippo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users