Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad Aware Qf Infected (p2p-worm.win32.vb.dw)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

this is a continuation of a problem i was having removing infected .zip files
see this post.
i managed to clean up the over 20,000 files first using Avast! and then using Ad-Aware.

Now i have found an infected file in Ad-aware. i was following your instructions for this forum
and got as far as scanning and removing viruses with Ad-aware and spybot. i then used
Kasperksy anti-virus online scanner and got these results:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:54:21 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 15/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 483304
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 94852
Number of viruses found: 3
Number of infected objects: 6

Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:16:33

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Ad-Aware QF 20071212 134009.aawqff/Setup.exe Infected: P2P-Worm.Win32.VB.dw skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Ad-Aware QF 20071212 134009.aawqff ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\WinAgentazk1.zip/svchosts.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.bca skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\WinAgentazk1.zip ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Yazzle1.zip/Yazzle1122OinAdmin.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.PurityScan.eh skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\Yazzle1.zip ZIP: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CardSpace\CardSpace.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CardSpace\CardSpace.db.shadow Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Schmidt\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\aswResp.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\Avast4.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\integ\avast.int Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\AshWebSv.ws Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\aswMaiSv.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\nshield.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\report\Resident protection.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP544\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Antivirus.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_560.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\_avast4_\Webshlock.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

the Ad-Aware file in question i put in bold. there also some infection in Spybot recovery.
any help with these viruses and infection would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

i deleted the 2 ad aware files that were infected. i dont know exactly what they were.
maybe they are quarantine files. i ran ad aware afterwards and it didnt seem to cause
any problems.

i also deleted the Spybot recovery files as well and it cleared that up as well.

i scanned again with kaspersky and there are no more viruses or infected files.

:thumbsup:

Edited by heavyjavadrinker, 17 December 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#3 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

Now that your problem appears to be resolved, this thread will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users