Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Has Mind Of Its Own...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bucket357

bucket357

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

Have been trying to fix all morning I finnally got on to the internet and found this site,I hope you can help.....Every time I want to open any program I get this message ...The Application or DLL c:\windows\systems32\wowfx.dll is not a valid windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette...It also tells me that I do not have permission to open or run files.

This has been a very big pain,..I cant evn run AVG 7.5 or Ad-Aware I hope you can help me then maybe I can learn more and help some one else,..Thanks Again.

Edited by boopme, 15 December 2007 - 02:41 PM.
(moved to more appropriate forum~~boopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:23 PM

Sadly, you're infected. I recommend posting here They will give you sound advice on how to proceed. It's located further down the main forum page. Be patient they're pretty busy over there
Good luck
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 15 December 2007 - 02:24 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ratherbehunt'n

ratherbehunt'n

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

if you can still access the internet, try one of these sites to help with scaning
for viruses and then removing them. they have helped me in the past many times.

http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/en/start_corp.asp

http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm (Microsoft Onecare)

"Spybot" is a program that you can download. It has also been very helpfull.

note:the scan from "Trendmicro" or "Microsoft Onecare" can take awhile,
but are definitely worthit if you are having "bug" problems.

Good Luck!!

#4 bucket357

bucket357
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for the help so far...But now thiers more everytime I try to run anything I get the same message as before or I get a message stating that the "Adminstration" will not alow it I have been trying to get to the Admin. but I cant have trying everything...I also tryed to run the programs that "ratherbehunt'n' ask me to run it just froze my computer up.having to hit "control-alt-delete" and still get...adminastrations say's no....still hoping to find help....Thanks

Also tryed to launch MSN scan and I get this page might have unsafe stuff for Activex control and that my curreent settings have prevented it to run..

I am now running a Kasperski scan its at 55% and has seem to stop dont want to click anything incase its deep scaning so far it has found 70 viruses and 748 infected objects and 1 suspicious....can any one help me.

Edited by bucket357, 17 December 2007 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users