Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cgrim29588

cgrim29588

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

I got blue screen and then Windows Restarted I got the following message:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

When I hit show problem details here is what is says:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: A64BB169
BCP2: 00000001
BCP3: 81E410BC
BCP4: 00000001
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini121507-01.dmp
C:\Users\cgrim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-240054-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\cgrim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER250.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

Why did I get this message and how do I prevent it from showing again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

Have you been visitng Microsoft Update often? How long have you had Vista for, have you just upgraded or have had it for a while? This is probably because Vista still has many bugs that are unfixed by Microsoft, or you havent got the update to fix this bug. Hope this helps!

#3 cgrim29588

cgrim29588
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:52 PM

Have you been visitng Microsoft Update often? How long have you had Vista for, have you just upgraded or have had it for a while? This is probably because Vista still has many bugs that are unfixed by Microsoft, or you havent got the update to fix this bug. Hope this helps!

No I haven't been visiting Microsoft Updates often? I had Vista for while. Yeah if prob beacause of al the bugs that are unfixed in Vista

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Link to the BCCode 50 error (also known as a STOP 0x50 error): http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x50

Some things to try:
1) Scan for malware (in case it's gotten by your protection). Free, online scans here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/sandbox...s%2Fdefault.htm (requi (requires Internet Explorer)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

2) Run MemTest86 (free here: http://www.memtest86.com/ )

3) Check for incompatible software that you may have installed. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305

If none of this seems to fix it, locate the .dmp file here: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini121507-01.dmp
and analyze it using this procedure ( http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 )
Then post the results back here for us to have a look at.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ravendawson

ravendawson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

Before anything else, what where the circumstances when this error appear? Were you trying to receive an image on your webcam when your system is only waking up from hibernation? When Vista has entered sleep and you're trying to preview images from a camera, most likely it would turn out into a blue screen with no image preview. In some cases though, it would yield a black screen. To fix vista problem, you may try restarting your PC and typically, it should give you full access and viewing capabilities. If not, you download updates from Microsoft Updates Center.

Other than that, if it won't solve the issue, then the best way is request a copy of hotfix from Microsoft support, that would pertain to this problem.

Edited by ravendawson, 12 October 2010 - 07:52 AM.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

fix vista

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

• Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

• Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

• Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

• The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

XP Fixes Myth #1: Registry Cleaners

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

FWIW: Responses are to a thread...3 years old.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users