Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Get Rid Of Ps@ Compatible Mouse Installation Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wish2learn

wish2learn

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hi,
I recently purchased a Microsoft cordless keyboard and mouse which I am quite happy with.
I had to download stuff from the Microsoft website to get it up and running properly, but there were 2 download options. The first one I clicked was the PS2 compatible mouse, but this came back with an error report 'cannot install this' etc. So I tried the other option without a problem.

Ever since then my PC starts up with a Wizard installation hardware report ' cannot install PS2 compatible mouse' which wastes times and is annoying. I have searched everywhere I can think to find where I can remove this object, but since it did not install it is difficult to locate. I can only locate it under hardware installation, but this leaves me no option to delete and only offers to try to install whilst reminding me that this could damage my existing driver!!!

I do not want it. How can I make it and its annoying pop up reminder go away?

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

Try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and look for any remnants of the errant install
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 wish2learn

wish2learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi Mark, and thanks for your reply.

I downloaded windows Installer Clean up, but unfortunately no specifically identifiable remnants are visable... although one item ' Microsoft application error reporting' looks tempting, but I'm not sure whether removing this wont be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The only place I can find it listed is under 'hardware installation' but this wizard is only concerned with how to install and gives no other options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users