Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Or Screen Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deebee12

deebee12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:53 AM

If I turn off my Asus laptop normally through the start button I seem to have no problem but if I close the lid placing the laptop into Standby mode then restart it the screen shot goes all purple or green whatever takes its fancy. I can see the picture OK but everything seems to be pixelised in the colours mentioned. If I leave it for a while it goes away or if I restart it from the start menu again it seems to be OK. I know it has an integrated video graphics. It is just over 2 years old and is a Z81 model and other than that the laptop works perfectly. It is definately not a overheating problem. There are no updated video drivers available and I even reinstalled the windows to see if that fixed it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

Could be a problem with the switch on the lid. Try placing the laptop in hibernation by the start menu then waking it up. See if you get the same results.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users