Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans, Spartans, Doomed System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 catalyst_ik

catalyst_ik

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:57 PM

I posted earlier here and was advised to go to the malware forum and post there with the logs of hijack this and e.t.c.
I haven't gotten any response yet.
Menawhile my problems escalated. Now I can't connect to intenet any longer, neither my sound card is working properly(writing from diffrent computer)
I tried to do system restore, but it wouldn't allow me, regardles of diffrent ways I tried to do that. It gives me a message : 'System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer and run System restore again' no matter how many times I do that and from what mode and from where. It wouldn't even allow me to turn system restore off and on again.
Should I try to reinstall windows without formating my disc, to see if all that mess gets repared? I have a laptop and the windows xp cd was mailed in addition because of my request. The compter didn't come wth it.
Thanks in advance
K.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hello catalyst_ik,

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

If after 5 days you have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users