Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Price Range?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hey, firstly its a RAM question. Im still fixing this labtop I have and all it needs right about now is a ram upgrade (384MB doesn't do the trick for a gaming computer ;D) So, I took the ram chip out of the back to see what type it is. I see two labels one that sias its DDR2 Ram and another that sais its SDRAM. Witch is it?

Also how much would it be for a 1GB chip (Not 2x512) for a laptop that is either SDRAM or DDR2... witchever will work with this labtop.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

You need to determine what speed that RAM is. DDR and SDRAM are essentially the same thing. If there is a part number you could try googling and see what comes up.

You can go to http://www.crucial.com and let them scan your computer. It will tell you what is in there and what you need.

Alternatively, you can check your owner's manual.

I paid $50 for 2 1-gig sticks from New Egg. Some computers can use Dual Channel memory. The crucial scan should tell you that also.

Good luck.

DR

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

What kind of laptop is it? This will help us look up the information you want. :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:16 AM

What CPU and graphcis card do you have, if the computer had 384Mb of Ram, then I assume it would have probably a 1.4Ghz+ CPU and a 40GB Hard Drive. Post your system specs so we can tell you if you need more things to be updated to play games, also post what type of games you want to use it for, top end games or just old games etc. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users