Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music Is Jumping On Windows Media Player (vista)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Myke

Myke

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

Hey guys, I've had this problem for ages now can anyone help? When I play music on Windows Media Player (I have tried no other software) it jumps (music stop for 1-2 seconds and starts again) could this be a codec problem or maybe ram?

My laptop has 1Gig of ram and is running Windows Vista Home Premium edition. 80Gig hard drive and an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Geronimo7

Geronimo7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:57 AM

Mike, Hope someone answers this problem as I have been experiencing the same thing on all music played - even when no other program is running

#3 munchkins

munchkins

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:11 AM

Hi Myke & Geronimo...hope someone can help us, this is the reason why i joined this forum today :thumbsup:

#4 03humphrec

03humphrec

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:36 AM

Run a disk clean up and defag the hard drives then try

reply with feedback please

Server 1- 2.8GHz Intel Celeron, 1GB Ram, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW, Windows Home Server
Server 2 - 1.9GHz Intel P4, 385 MB Ram, 40GB HDD, DVD-ROM, Windows Server 2003 Standard
Desktop - 2.0GHz AMD Athlon, 512MB Ram, 40GB HDD, DVD-RW, XP Pro
Advent 9117 - Intel Dual Core T2310 1.46GHz, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW, XP Pro, 17" Widescreen (http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4197)
Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 - 1.8GHz Intel Celeron, 2GB Ram, 80GB HDD, Wireless, DVD-RW, XP Pro, 15.4" Widescreen

#5 munchkins

munchkins

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

Hi 03humphrec....no change!

#6 Geronimo7

Geronimo7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:22 AM

Long time between messages - I now have Media Player working perfectly - but only after my system totally crashed and was non-operational - I am now trying to find any sign of my music - none of the restore points or backups worked so I have been having a real great time with VISTA

Up until this drama I didnt really have too much issue with it - and to find info when you cannot get internet - NONE

No magazine or books around cover much at all and that made things worse - I have spent all the itme between my first message and now going through it all one by one and teaching myself and taking notes - the rep from Dell was impressed as I now have a 5.3 rating

Lets hope I finally shed some light on what happened :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users