Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo 3 Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

anyone else experiencing high cpu usage from cmdagent.exe?
this thing has usage in the 90s from startup
any reasons why? or a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

If it goes away in a minute or two it would be normal . A couple things I found.
When you first reboot Defense Plus(D+) is learning about your PC.

Comodo says if you have

about vista-inspirat-ultimate-2-brico-pack/uxtheme.dll patcher.

We have verified that this pack patches the uxtheme.dll provided by Microsoft. This "patched" version of uxtheme.dll, when loaded into cmdagent.exe, consumes the CPU entering into an infinite loop possibly somewhere in the patched code.

So the foreign code is causing this problem. Although that pack is hacking your operating system UI significantly(I do not think Microsoft will give any support after this) , it seems to be a cool addon and we do not wish our users to be forced to uninstall it. So we will be updating CFP accordingly to cope with this problem.

Also programs like Skype at start up rev it up for a minute
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

cool, that is exactly what i have, the vista inspirat theme
although, i find that if i kill the process, the firewall still functions the same, or so it seems
thanks again boopme

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

Your welcome. Comodo has a very good forum for their wares. If you ever need it ..

http://forums.comodo.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

thanks, i should have checked there first ('doh), but this forum has become first instinct to me lol. Everyone is very helpful and the site has tons of information. its great! Thanks again Boopme

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

Not a problem and I'm not trying to send you off either. Just that they have good support and forum. gabeesh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users