Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winlogon Application Error At Startup- Novell Client?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 prizmguru

prizmguru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

Hi All
We have this issue with a winlogon.exe Application Error message. It comes up at the Novell LoginScreen- right when the computer boots up.
You can take this message box and drag it to the side and login still... BUT if you click on oK or cancel you get a blue screen with stop code C0000000021 and thats it computer down.
Turn it off and start over.

I have run 7 different virus programs, and nothing. The error DOES NOT come up in safe mode.
We have Novell 4.91 and Sp 2 and 3 running on our systems. We are also Using Zenworks.. and THAT is where I am thinking the application error is arising from. the reason I say that-- When I try to remove zenworks-- and I never succed because its nearly impossible.. but I get half way through removal- computer locks up- Reboot and the error is gone.

ANy ideas? Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users