Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know of any good war games for PC?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wiseacre

wiseacre

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

I'm looking for presents for a buddy of mine. He's a pretty hardcore RTS gamer, so he has most stuff that's popular. I'm not really familiar with the genre and I don't know all of what he has. I need either something obscure or something new or coming soon. Anyone know any good RTS war games? Any suggestions are appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

Empire Earth and its Expansion packs are the best RTS games I have ever played. Soon to come out is Empire Earth 2 go to http://www.empireearth.com for more information.
You can get EE, and its Expansion pack the Art of Conquest, for 20 bucks in a bundled set, at almost any electronics or vid-game store.
It is even better IMHO multiplayer.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

To EE, add these historical battle simulations:
Rome:Total War (ancient warfare)
Waterloo (Napoleonic)
SidMeier's Civil War

There are also the whole series of:
Command and Conquer (modern and futurisistic warfare)
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:42 PM

My favorites are Empire Earth(hey thanks I wanted to know about a 2 cant wait to get it!)

And Age of empires.

Empire earth is better and I bet by the looks number 2 will be great! I wonder if they will make a 64bit version?

#5 st0nedsk8er

st0nedsk8er

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:37 AM

RETURN TO CASLTE WOLFENSTEIN!! its bleeping awesome, theres even multiplayer man.. you can find it at www.rtcw-files.com and its the MP Demo, and the best server is beach!

#6 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

Awesome, thank you, I've never heard of half these games so I know they must be good. I'm gonna print them out and check against what he has.

Hey, I did a search for games like C&C Generals (his favorite) that are coming soon and found an RTS game called Act of War here:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/actofw...tion/media.html
Does anyone know anything about it? Is it something a hardcore RTS guy would like?

#7 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:23 PM

I checked and he has pretty much every RTS war game ever made for the PC. I think I'm gonna have to get him something new. If anyone knows anything about Act of War or another game coming out in March, let me know.

#8 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:05 PM

Some good war games for the PC would be:
Age of Empires
America's Army (free)

#9 angelprincess

angelprincess

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:16 PM

Have you ever heard of or tried Medal Of Honor? I think they have it for the pc. I know the ps2 version is cool.

#10 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

Stronghold is very good, but really only on single player (mainly because there is no Multiplayer for this game, but I think you will be able to play Stronghold 2 Multiplayer).

Praetorians is ok, it does get a little tedious since the only strategy is in war, the only economics is how many people you have to recruit, and time, but it has the most battlefeild strategy I have ever played.

Impossible Creatures....dont buy it....it would have been so much better if it was make your own tanks...not animals.

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 are very good, Starcraft is old school but it still rocks.

Age of Empires 1-2, are ok, nothing special.

Civilization 1-3....ok...if you have tons of spare time on your hands...its very long and boring to play.

Then of course, as I said before... Empire Earth: Art of Conquest, and Empire Earth 2 ( http://www.empireearth.com , for demo), I personally like EE: AOC better...thus far.

I think that wraps up all the RTS games I have played

#11 war_criminal

war_criminal

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:30 PM

Act of War is :thumbsup: awesome! I bought the game after I played the demo I was so pleased with it! The graphics are awesome and the overall gameplay is sick! You can drive a tank over the Golden Gate Bridge!!!!
:flowers:

Mod Edit: Profane language removed.

Edited by Scarlett, 14 August 2005 - 11:56 AM.

#12 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:27 PM

there is also a new game called "Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30"
it's suppose to be pretty good.

and then there's a second "Call of Duty" coming out too.

#13 Locke

Locke

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:27 AM

if you like squad level tactical games, then check out any game in the "Close Combat" series, tho i recommend CC: a bridge too far or CC: Invasion Normandy

#14 Xanarki

Xanarki

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:31 PM

How can you guys forget Stronghold Crusader and Age Of Empires 2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users