Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati X1900xt Output Malfunction? Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SPL Tech

SPL Tech

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:18 PM

I have the Connect 3D ATI X1900XT video card and recently I moved to another state and I had my computer shipped with the movers. Well when I got it the video card was not in the PCI-e slot. It was still attached to the case due to the screws that hold it in place but it came out of the motherboard. Well I put it back in place and found that the video output on both channels is distorted (see pics below). I looked the motherboard and video card over and I cannot find any physical damage. I returned the video and CPU back to stock clock speeds and voltages but that had no effect on the video output.

I jiggled the video card around in the PCI-e slot to see if maybe it was a loose connection but that didn’t do anything. I tried a different monitor and the output is still the same.

Any ideas?

Posted Image
Posted Image
CPU: Core Two Duo 2.13 GHz. E6400 OC'ed to 3.0 GHz. / 380 FSB RAM: 2 GB. Corsair 800 MHz. XMS2 DDR2
GPU: X1900XT 512MB Connect3D Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
PSU: 535 watt Enermax Whisper II HD: (2) 320 GB. Seagate Barracuda 16 MB. 7,200 RPM SATA II
OD: 52X DVD±RW Monitors: (2) Hanns-G JW199D 19" 16:10 widescreen DVI in extended desktop mode

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

Try the card (temporarily) in a different system...that should be revealing.

Louis

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:17 AM

We need to know what kind of computer this is. If its a custom build rig we need Motherboard make and model, memory make and sizes, and operating system. You can use PC Wizard to find out the information. Under the mainboard tab highlight the motherboard and copy the information and post it, also copy and post the memory information and the video information. This could mean a failing card. Try it in another computer as suggested. If you have onboard video remove the PCI-E card and try the onboard and see if there is a change
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 RLI

RLI

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

damaged card, replace.

#5 SPL Tech

SPL Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

We need to know what kind of computer this is.

Its all in my signature. I have XP Home SP2.
CPU: Core Two Duo 2.13 GHz. E6400 OC'ed to 3.0 GHz. / 380 FSB RAM: 2 GB. Corsair 800 MHz. XMS2 DDR2
GPU: X1900XT 512MB Connect3D Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
PSU: 535 watt Enermax Whisper II HD: (2) 320 GB. Seagate Barracuda 16 MB. 7,200 RPM SATA II
OD: 52X DVD±RW Monitors: (2) Hanns-G JW199D 19" 16:10 widescreen DVI in extended desktop mode

#6 general grievous

general grievous

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Try the card (temporarily) in a different system...that should be revealing.

Louis

this guy is right, try that aswell as trying a diferent card into your system:p

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

Sorry I really should try not to post before work, as I am not toootally awake yet. I see you are running two monitors how does the picture look with only one screen? As posted above the best way to determine wether it is the Video card or not is to swap in a known good one or swap your card into a known good system.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users